Mentor, A Siemens Business Application Engineer - 5802 in Budapest 2, Hungary
Application Engineer - 5802
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Application Engineer - 5802
Job Location: Hungary - Budapest
Job Category: Applications Engineering
Mentor Graphics is recruiting an Application Engineer to join us in one of our European offices ((Frankfurt am Main/London/Paris/Budapest).
The focus of the role is to provide engineering technical support during pre-sales process to continuously grow business opportunities by:
• Demonstrating our MicReD (Thermal / Optical Tests systems) hardware (T3ster / TeraLED / DynTIM / PowerTester) and add-on modules;
• Conducting hands-on workshops & consulting;
• Conduct benchmarks with an agreed evaluation plan;
• Operate and install proprietary hardware & software on various operating systems;
• Interact with customers & prospects on a self-reliant highly professional level;
• Demonstrate the company’s commitment to the industry and further build on reputation
• Provide the necessary support of any hardware & software evaluation with an agreed evaluation plan;
• Visit customers & prospects onsite;
• Work closely with our sales teams to support both pre- and post-sales processes
• Develop hardware & software implementation plans;
• Regular feedback and progress report to the FPO/MAD European Direct sales team
• Strong focus on increased penetration and market share at targeted accounts
• Provide technical feedback to sales & management with regards to product planning for all MicReD products.
• Close cooperation with our MicReD (Hardware Factory in Budapest) R&D
The ideal candidate will have the educational and/or professional work experience to provide the highest level of technical and customer service to our prospective, new and existing customers.
The position calls for the following:
• M.Sc. or B.Sc. degree/or equivalent in Electrical/Electronics Engineering or related field with coursework or concentration in the fields of thermal characterization/Electronics Design Automation.
• Minimum 2 years experience in related industry preferred.
• Sales oriented self-starter with driver & team spirit capabilities to support our sales teams in pre-sales activities
• Excellent presentation and communication skills.
• High level of customer service skills including the ability to deal with customers by telephone.
• Experience with thermal characterization, such as IR measurement, power cycling, preferably MicReD products. Experience in Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) and/or microelectronics and/or thermal engineering is helpful.
• Experience in practical laboratory and measurement environments.
• Ability to communicate on different levels within the account organizations with sensitivity for customer needs.
• Strong ability to identify opportunities, qualify and follow-up on them technically.
• Fluent in English language skills, spoken & written, including technical vocabulary (additional knowledge of German or French is a definite plus)
• Willingness to travel on a regular basis (50% & more)