BlackRock Accounts Payable Analyst (German Speaker) in Budapest, Hungary
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
At BlackRock we are building something great in Budapest, our new global technology and Innovation hub, where we want to shape a culture in which challenge, development and innovation happen every day. Our mission as an organisation is create a better financial future for our clients and BlackRock Budapest will enable this, through a relentless drive to make ourselves and our communities better. We are a diverse bunch of people who like to analyse, reinvent, and enhance how we work, and all in the pursuit of a better experience for our colleagues and clients. We offer The excitement to be a founder in a start-up with the security of a global, leading organization, where you will find innovation and inclusion are our competitive advantages. There are limitless problems to solve and opportunities for learning and development, alongside a team of clever and caring colleagues. Our culture is one of respect, challenge and stretch and we expect and value feedback. We believe that people reach their best potential when the different facets of their home, work and community are all cared about. We will have a fun, fast paced work environment located in cutting edge facilities, with competitive and innovative benefits, and the ability to define your role, pursue your aspirations and shape your future within Hungary and beyond.
Business Unit Overview:
BlackRock EMEA Finance consists of Finance professionals in disciplines such as Business Finance, Treasury, Tax Regulatory Reporting, Accounting Operations and Corporate Accounting. This role sits within the newly created Accounts Payable team in Budapest, reporting into the local AP Vice President, however the role is very much part of a global team based in Edinburgh, Gurgaon, Singapore and Budapest.
Business Unit Overview:
The AP Team is responsible for developing the infrastructure that allows for employee compliance and management oversight of the firm’s Global Cash Disbursement policy. This includes:
• Acquiring and maintaining global software to facilitate supplier payments
• Ensuring that all modifications to the Global Cash Disbursement Policy are supported by the oversight infrastructure
• Managing the BlackRock’s Global Cash Disbursement Policy through an automated workflow system with no impact to the credit worthiness of the firm.
Reporting to Accounts Payable VP; process timely, accurate disbursement of payments to vendors and employees while ensuring compliance with BlackRock’s Global Cash Disbursement Policy and regulatory requirement.
• Code, review and process invoices
• Work to meet all SLA metrics and identify key areas of improvement
• Participate in month-end closing activities
• Actively participate in continuous improvement activities to exceed customer expectations
• Assist to prepare quarterly audits, reports and schedules
• Ensure that all invoices comply with both internal & external audit requirements
• Provide training to Business partners in terms of internal invoicing process
• Participate in User Acceptance Testing and other ad hoc projects if any
• Self-motivated team player
• Excellent attention to details
• Ability to recognize and resolve problems
• Customer oriented
• Excellent communication skills by telephone, written and in person
• Ability to meet tight time schedules
• Willingness to handle tedious assignments
• Flexible to work in different shift timings
• Self-confident and decisive.
• A positive and ‘can-do’ attitude.
• Accounting degree holder.
• 2-5 years’ experience in Accounts Payable.
• Knowledge of US tax is a plus.
• Knowledge of Oracle Financial is a plus.
• Fluent in English and German
• Communicative Dutch, French or Spanish language skills – a plus
Job Function: Accounting/Finance/Tax
Title: Accounts Payable Analyst (German Speaker)
Primary Location: EMEA-Hungary-Budapest
Requisition ID: 171569
Job Posting: Jun 8, 2017, 9:29:47 AM