BlackRock Accounts Payable Vice President in Budapest, Hungary
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions; from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
At BlackRock we are building something great in Budapest, our new global technology and Innovation hub, where we want to shape a culture in which challenge, development and innovation happen every day. Our mission as an organisation is create a better financial future for our clients and BlackRock Budapest will enable this, through a relentless drive to make ourselves and our communities better. We are a diverse bunch of people who like to analyse, reinvent, and enhance how we work, and all in the pursuit of a better experience for our colleagues and clients. We offer The excitement to be a founder in a start-up with the security of a global, leading organization, where you will find innovation and inclusion are our competitive advantages. There are limitless problems to solve and opportunities for learning and development, alongside a team of clever and caring colleagues. Our culture is one of respect, challenge and stretch and we expect and value feedback. We believe that people reach their best potential when the different facets of their home, work and community are all cared about. We will have a fun, fast paced work environment located in cutting edge facilities, with competitive and innovative benefits, and the ability to define your role, pursue your aspirations and shape your future within Hungary and beyond.
Reporting to Global Head of Accounts Payable based in Edinburgh, this role will manage the Transactional Processing functions of the Accounts Payable operations environment in Budapest, providing support to the global team. The applicant will have significant interface with both Hungary based business functions and cross-regional support functions. A key role is to ensure that the operations are performed in accordance with the agreed upon SLAs and within industry benchmarks. This position is a key member of the Finance Operations management team, which determines strategy and annual objectives. Planning and assignment of work, streamlining and improvement of processes, client surveys to ensure customer satisfaction are key objectives of the role. Additionally, implementation and maintenance of high standards of internal controls and SOX compliance is a must. This role will play an important part in the change management process as we evolve while implementing P2P globally.
The BlackRock Finance Department is searching for a Vice President who will be playing a major role for managing and growing the Budapest Finance team and regional services hub.
Core Responsibilities will include:
• Lead and motivate team members to deliver processes at the prescribed SLA levels or higher
• Responsible for matrix management of some non-AP resource.
• Provide subject matter expert view in the P2P/Accounts Payable area
• Partner with the other Finance Operations management members to develop better, cost efficient mechanisms to deliver excellence in services
• Oversee the supervisors of the various shared service functions; coordinate and manage activities and ensure globally consistent process flows
• Work cross-functionally within and outside of Finance to ensure satisfaction with services which would include process enhancement, reporting, change management and additional automation
• Support senior management in implementation of strategic decisions like P2P implementation etc.
• Additional responsibilities will be assigned as the regional services hub grows
• 10 years of Accounts Payable/P2P experience including Local & GAAP accounting
• Strong managerial skills, with a hands on approach particularly in Accounts Payable space
• Compliance orientated
• Good general MS Office skills – PowerPoint, Word and other MS Office products
• Lean Six Sigma training strongly preferred
• Ability to develop, train and mentor staff
• Strong analytic, organizational, Communication and interpersonal skills
• Experienced Preferred:
o Previous major CA / CPA firm or large multi-national corporation/BFSI experience
o Banking & Financial services industry experience specifically transition services
Education / License Required :
• Chartered Accountant or equivalent
Job Function: Accounting/Finance/Tax
Title: Accounts Payable Vice President
Primary Location: EMEA-Hungary-Budapest
Requisition ID: 171571
Job Posting: Jun 8, 2017, 9:46:03 AM