BlackRock AML/KYC Onboarding Team Lead in Budapest, Hungary
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services too institutional, intermediary, and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
At BlackRock we are building something great in Budapest, our new global technology and Innovation hub, where we want to shape a culture in which challenge, development and innovation happen every day. Our mission as an organisation is create a better financial future for our clients and BlackRock Budapest will enable this, through a relentless drive to make ourselves and our communities better. We are a diverse bunch of people who like to analyse, reinvent, and enhance how we work, and all in the pursuit of a better experience for our colleagues and clients. We offer The excitement to be a founder in a start-up with the security of a global, leading organization, where you will find innovation and inclusion are our competitive advantages. There are limitless problems to solve and opportunities for learning and development, alongside a team of clever and caring colleagues. Our culture is one of respect, challenge and stretch and we expect and value feedback. We believe that people reach their best potential when the different facets of their home, work and community are all cared about. We will have a fun, fast paced work environment located in cutting edge facilities, with competitive and innovative benefits, and the ability to define your role, pursue your aspirations and shape your future within Hungary and beyond.
The role is to lead the our Onboarding-Client Documentation team in Budapest as Vice President. The team forms a critical control function within the Global OnBoarding Function. In addition to OnBoarding-Client Documentation, the Global OnBoarding function includes OnBoarding-Implementation (which leads the on boarding of portfolios and directs critical client change events such as benchmark and other investment guideline updates), and OnBoarding-Contracting (which leads the negotiation of investment management agreements with new clients to BlackRock and managing change for existing clients with respect to the contractual set up).
The OnBoarding-Client Documentation team is responsible for processes pertaining to verification of client Anti Money Laundering, Customer Due Diligence and other critical client documentation (FATCA, CRS, Authorsed Signatory Lists, etc) as well as the capturing, reviewing and storage of contractual data and documentation, ensuring it's accessibility to the wider firm.
Day to day tasks and responsibilities of the OnBoarding-Client Documentation Vice President include:
• Provide leadership and management of the OnBoarding-Client Documentation team in Budapest, including oversight of team activities, process review and enhancements, training and education, mentoring and performance evaluations.
• Working closely with regional OnBoarding-Contracting and Financial Crime team in continuing to enhance a framework in relation to managing the risk of AML/KYC onbaording.
• Managing a monitoring program to ensure consistency of approach and integrity of management of OnBorading-Client Documentation tasks in the on-boarding process.
• Preparing and presenting ad-hoc and regular reports for the Global Head of OnBoarding-Client Documentation team.
• Partnering with Legal & Compliance, Product and Regulatroy tax and other critical internal stakehoders to manage exceptions and ensure escalation policies are appropriately followed.
• Participation in the development and implementation of continuous improvement of the control environment, policies and procedures, looking for ways to innovate and drive the business forward, delivering a superior client experience.
• Be client service minded and work with our client businesses to assist with helping clients comply with the firm's policies.
We are looking for people who are:
• Curious: You like to learn new things and have a healthy disrespect for status quo
• Brave: You are happiest outside your comfort zone
• Passionate: You feel personal ownership for the work you do and an aspiration to be better
• Open: You value and respect input from other
• Experimental: You make mistakes, but learn from them
• Geeky: You want to outsmart the problem.
You should have:
• The successful candidate will need to demonstrate an extensive knowledge of, and experience in dealing with, KYC/CIP regulations and laws in the US, the EU and, ideally, a familiarity with relevant regulations in key countries in Asia Pacific for the firm, including Hong Kong and Australia
• Experience or knowledge with respect to FATCA/CRS validation or broader documentation and data management within the asset management industry would be beneficial
• Experience of working with global asset management firms with a working knowledge of investment and servicing functions would be an advantage
• Experience of leading, operating and improving operational processes with a respect for process governance preferred
• Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and verbal), judgement and business partnership skills are expected
• 3 plus years of team management experience is required
• Experience working with regional regulators would be a plus
• Language skills an advantage (English, Polish, German, Swiss German, French, Italian, Dutch)
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft software such as Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Information Technology skills
Job Function: Operations
Organization: Tech & Ops-Business Operations
Title: AML/KYC Onboarding Team Lead
Primary Location: EMEA-Hungary-Budapest
Requisition ID: 172801
Job Posting: Sep 15, 2017, 9:22:23 AM