BT Application Performance/Network Analyst- Level 2 in Budapest, Hungary
Kick-start your international career with one of the world’s leading communication companies!
British Telecom is one of the world’s leading providers of communications solutions and services operating in 170 countries. Its activities include the provision of networked IT services globally. The European Operations Centre of BT is looking for colleagues as an Application Performance/Network Analyst to our office in Budapest.
Organization : BT Global Services
Job function : Customer Service and Contact Centres
Location : Hungary, Budapest
Schedule : Full-time
Working pattern : Variable (in 7/24 shifts)
Key purpose of the role
• The purpose of this role is to provide a 24*7 Monitoring and L2 Service Support capability for a number of multinational customers.
• The contracts use a variety of products in the delivery of the service and these include:
Connect Intelligence (dynatrace)/Connect Optimisation (Ipanema)/Connect Acceleration (riverbed)/Cisco iWAN
• The key purpose of the Team members role is to ensure that the customer Application service experience is pro-actively monitored and that any and all service impacting issues are identified, investigated and resolved prior to becoming customer impacting, working across the ‘full’ GCS Service organisation, technical support, consultants, external customers and 3rd parties as required.
• Support directly requests from External Customers for investigation on the performance of their services.
• As part of the role there is an expectation that all 2nd level team members are able to utilise the available systems and tools, contribute to knowledge based articles and ensure that when necessary that Technical Service Protection Plans are invoked in order to protect the Customer experience and BT’s Brand and Reputation.
• Review of Application performance daily and raise any issues to consultant and or customer
• Evaluate Application Alarms and Open Ticket with Helpdesk.
• Assist Consultant with implementation of application performance alarms as required
• Perform reactive, proactive and pre-emptive maintenance actions
• Ensure applications remain alarm-free. To establish and drive improvement plan for recurrent or repetitive events/alarms;
• Participate in regular meetings with Consultant, vendors or other 3rd parties e.g. Customers and Suppliers.
Providing in-depth technical support to customers through monitoring, localisation and remote repair
Technically aware customer service engineers who demonstrate excellent customer care skills (e.g. owning, driving and communicating) such that customers that they call/call them are left "delighted" with the experience
Cooperating with other levels of support (like: 3rd line)
Manage supplier activities (e.g. really driving/escalating 3rd party agents to dispatch and repair faults to meet our service level agreements)
Provide process improvement input wherever possible
May do proactive jeopardy management
Providing higher level support internally
Organizing technical trainings, knowledge sharing
Required Experiences and Skills
Ability to communicate fluently in both written and spoken English
Understanding of LAN/WAN/WLAN/BGP/MPLS/OSPF/EIGRP/DMVPN/IPSEC technologies
Network monitoring and basic troubleshooting
CCNA (or similar level of knowledge in networking)
Ability to organize and attend on international conference call and discuss technical issues
At least 2 year relevant experience
Enthusiastic and pro-active personality
Experience in operation of end to end customer network
CISCO CCNP, CCIE certification or equivalent knowledge
Familiarity with Riverbed, Ipanema/Infovista, Dynatrace and Cisco iWAN technologies
What we offer
Supportive corporate culture
Inspiring working teams
Competitive salary and benefit package (shift allowance as well)
Professional development programs, trainings and educational support
Employee and Family Friendly Workplace
Private health insurance package
Why you should join BT?
You’ll play a vital part in making technology and communications accessible on an unparalleled scale. You’ll be challenged to tackle new problems. Always on the lookout for ways to improve things and make life easier for our customers.
Making a better world, together
Our products and services are essential to the fabric of today’s society. We underpin everything from global trade and industry to economic growth and social infrastructure. Our technology gives people the power and freedom to create possibilities – reaching further, aiming higher, and making their voices heard.
Key words: CCNA, MPLS, BGP, OSPF, IPSEC, Riverbed, Ipanema/Infovista, Dynatrace and Cisco iWAN
Job: IT, Systems and Security
Title: Application Performance/Network Analyst- Level 2
Requisition ID: 70170