BlackRock Business Analyst in Budapest, Hungary
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At September 30, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of September 30, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa.
What is Aladdin?
The Aladdin® product unites the information, people, and technology needed to manage money in real time at every step in the investment process. Aladdin enables organizations to communicate better, work smarter, see clearer, and move faster in a changing landscape. Aladdin combines sophisticated risk analytics with comprehensive portfolio management, trading and operations tools on a single platform to power informed decision-making and create a connective tissue for thousands of users investing worldwide.
What is the Aladdin Product Group?
At the heart of BlackRock, the largest investment management firm in the world, is the Aladdin Product Group. Being a member of the Aladdin Product Group means working with the industry’s thought leaders to build innovative and forward looking products that shape the financial markets. The Aladdin Product Group creates next generation technology that changes the way information, people, and technology intersect for global investment firms. We build and package tools that manage trillions in assets, support millions of financial instruments and their risk calculations and process millions of financial transactions for thousands of users every day worldwide.
Within APG is the Core Transaction Processing-FIX Connectivity Services team which is responsible for all FIX Project Management, Vendor Strategy, Deployment, Certification and Testing.
The purpose of this role is to help support our customers with the growing demand for third party connections. This includes any FIX Connectivity for Trading and Post Trade Processes. This position is for a Connectivity Analyst on the team. A successful candidate is expected to deploy and certify third party connections to brokers, vendors and other third parties.
The key responsibilities are:
• Work directly with our global trading teams and Aladdin Business to understand connectivity needs across asset classes and markets for Electronic Trading.
• Build knowledge of FIX protocols and their application to financial services workflows within Order Execution Management Systems and Electronic Communication Networks
• Provide clear business requirements and liaise with the development team to drive the functional gaps through development and to the end user. Activities include defining workflows and specifications, liaising with development, testing internally and with the counterparts, deploying to our customers and training them when necessary.
• Manage multiple technology projects throughout the software development lifecycle - including release process, testing, certification, deployment and training when necessary, all while complying with client SLAs.
• Provide project status and metrics to senior management.
• Participate in industry events, panels and conferences to stay abreast of the market trends.
• Help define processes and procedures as it relates to global onboarding and FIX connectivity.
• Bachelor’s Degree with strong academic performance
• Experience working with clients on technology solutions
• Strong organization verbal and written communication skills
• Extremely motivated and able to operate in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects and delivering within deadlines
• Understanding of messaging protocols such as FIX and FpML is helpful but not required
• Familiarity with capital markets instruments (equities, fixed income, foreign exchange, derivatives) and third-party platforms and services used to process confirmation and settlement of trades
• Technical aptitude required (e.g. SQL, UNIX)
• Excellent analytical, creative, organizational and problem-solving skills
Job Function: Technology
Organization: APG-Investment Systems
Title: Business Analyst
Primary Location: EMEA-Hungary-Budapest
Requisition ID: 171848
Job Posting: Aug 24, 2017, 3:26:48 AM
FutureAdvisor is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.