BlackRock Compliance Analyst (Marketing & Distribution Team) in Budapest, Hungary
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions – from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
Business Unit Overview
• Blackrock’s Compliance Department protects Blackrock from regulatory and reputational risk while providing client focused advice. This group understands challenges and advises on the impact of regulation in for our businesses, with the objective of:
• actively participating in business decisions to champion our clients’ interests and assist the business to translate Compliance into their daily work;
• having client interests at the center of everything we do;
• cultivating and enhancing the compliance culture within BlackRock;
• providing thought leadership on the impact and implementation of regulation; and
• developing and fostering excellence within the Compliance Department.
Background / Job Purpose
BlackRock has adopted a global end-to-end operating model for the creation, review, approval, distribution and recordkeeping of marketing materials. A key component of the global operating framework is the review and approval procedures for marketing materials, which procedures are supported by various technology solutions.
The Global Marketing & Distribution Compliance Analyst will be responsible for (i) monitoring and facilitating compliance with the global operating framework, focusing on compliance with the applicable guidelines and approval procedures of marketing materials, and (ii) assisting the Global Marketing & Distribution Compliance Team with various compliance initiatives relating to the review of marketing materials.
This position will work closely with other members of the Global Marketing & Distribution Compliance Team and will report indirectly to the Global Head of Marketing & Distribution Compliance. This position will be based in Budapest.
• Monitoring compliance with the global operating framework, focusing on the review and approval procedures of marketing materials
• Sample testing of marketing material submissions to determine compliance with the global operating framework, including compliance with the risk classification matrices, the provision of accurate and complete submission details and the implementation of compliance guidance prior to approval
• Generating standard reports and query-based customized reports on the compliance review procedures to determine opportunities for improvement and efficiencies
• Generating standard reports and query-based customized reports for management
• Validating various global marketing compliance metrics, including compliance review metrics
• Acting as the designated compliance “supervisor” for various technology solutions
• Coordinating global and cross-regional compliance reviews of marketing materials
• Conducting compliance reviews of marketing materials
• Assisting in updating global and regional disclaimer, disclosure and distribution guides
• Assisting in various compliance training initiatives relating to marketing and distribution
Qualifications / Skills
• Undergraduate degree
• 2 years of compliance experience in the financial services industry, preferably related to asset management, marketing and/or distribution regulations
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
• Detail oriented
• Ability to work collaboratively within a team structure and be responsive to business partners
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other system applications
Job Function: Legal/Compliance
Title: Compliance Analyst (Marketing & Distribution Team)
Primary Location: EMEA-Hungary-Budapest
Requisition ID: 172397
Job Posting: Aug 7, 2017, 10:29:12 AM