BlackRock Data Engineer, Associate in Budapest, Hungary
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At September 30, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of September 30, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa.
The Research Data Engineering team within APG Core Data is responsible for developing and supporting data products that are consumed by a large number of users, groups, applications and systems throughout the firm. These products are used for R&D and Production alike. The business processes supported include but are not limited to Portfolio Construction, Portfolio Attribution, Alpha Generation, Risk Model Generation, and Transaction Cost Model generation.
The responsibilities of this position consist in providing high-quality data services to the Active Data Engineering team’s many customers (Scientific Active Equity, Model Based Fixed Income, Global Allocation, Index Equity, iShares, Model Portfolio Solutions, Fundamental Active Equity, Rick and Quantitative Analytics, Financial Modeling Group etc.). This includes but it is not limited to:
• Developing new data products. The Active Data team develops data products on Aladdin whenever possible, but also supports research-oriented data products alongside Aladdin. The development of new data products is conducted in close partnership with business sponsors. The data product lifecycle starts with the collection of requirements from business partners and the formulation detailed specifications. The product is then built, tested and eventually run in production. The Data Engineering team uses a combination of traditional technologies and programming languages such as Java, Python, Perl, Informatica Power Center as well in-house custom-built tools. It is increasingly leveraging Big Data technologies such as Cassandra, Hadoop, Spark, or Hive.
• Supporting existing data products from a content and process standpoint. Participating in production support activities, insuring that data processes are stable and deliver the expected content to downstream processes and applications. Troubleshooting issues and insuring timely and transparent resolution is paramount.
• Developing and supporting the data acquisition platform and processes, with a strong focus on complementing the traditional battle-tested data warehousing solutions with new best-of-breed technologies
• Playing an active role in improving the end-to-end data acquisition to portfolio management business process by understanding its intricacies, identifying areas that could benefit from improvements, proposing enhancements, and working with colleagues within and outside of the teams to implement them.
Experience in data management and data integration projects:
• Some experience working with financial data
• Excellent analytical, mathematical and problem solving skills
• Strong initiative and a thirst for knowledge in finance, business or accounting are required.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment on multiple concurrent projects.
Technical skills required include:
• Database experience (SQL, DDL/DML, performance tuning, data modeling).
• Strong development experience using Python
• Good understanding of ETL tools and technologies
• NoSQL / Distributed data store technologies like HDFS, Apache Cassandra.
• Working with structured/un-structured data, file parsing, web scraping
• Hands-on experience with full SDLC.
• Good understanding of UNIX/LINUX environments.
Job Function: Technology
Organization: APG-Core Platform
Title: Data Engineer, Associate
Primary Location: EMEA-Hungary-Budapest
Requisition ID: 172182
Job Posting: Aug 11, 2017, 4:25:54 AM