BlackRock Data Management Associate in Budapest, Hungary
At BlackRock we are building something great in Budapest, our new global technology and Innovation hub, where we want to shape a culture in which challenge, development and innovation happen every day. The Global Digital Team is a fast-growing global function at BlackRock which seeks to engage a multi-trillion dollar audience of investors, advisors and institutions with our diverse range of investment products. We are at the centre of a company-wide focus on expanding our footprint in the digital space and we operate at the intersection of design, technology and data. We are constantly driving digital innovation across the domains of web, mobile apps, data models and analytics; while simultaneously driving their implementation, scale and local adaptations globally.
We are looking for an Associate – Data Management & Insights to join our new Innovation Hub and report into the Vice President of Data Management & Insights in Budapest. You will be responsible for developing a next-generation data platform that will transform how we manage data and operationalise insights across the business. You will support our strategy, modernise our data architecture and responsible for leading the implementation of global platform enhancements.
As a skilled technician we are looking for someone with the ability to excel in an environment with little certainty but lots of opportunity. You will be part of a team which is innovating our marketing database, client models and lead scoring algorithms, working in agile squads alongside highly skilled global Product Owners, web/mobile developers and marketers based in our other development centres (NYC and London). Our ideal candidate is a junior-level data technician who is comfortable working across production operations and new technology development within a big data environment.
Key job responsibilities
• Technical expert within within a team of data analysts, statisticians and engineers
• Partner with global data capability leads prioritise the roadmap and build towards the optimal system architecture across our data lake, modelling sandbox and real-time decision environment.
• Able to guide the business on the right approach, technologies and trends
• Be prepared to get creative across the capability lifecycle – you’ll be creating iterative prototypes, developing insight models, building real-time intelligence capabilities and troubleshooting our database in production.
• Leading the development of our core marketing database which underpins all of our marketing campaigns and web/mobile interfaces.
• Ownership of technical disaster recovery scenarios, release and outage protocols.
What we are looking for:
• A minimum of 2-3 years of development experience, ideally across the full stack but specializing in database administration (SQL, stored procedures, data modelling)
• 2-3 years experience in at least 2-3 of the following programming languages (Pig/Hive, SQL, Python, Java)
• Passion for technology and data science; meaning you possess a deep functional understanding of database architecture, APIs, algorithms and CRM systems.
• Some experience and understanding of both waterfall and Agile project management disciplines, with an emphasis on Scrum and LeanUX
• B.S. / M.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline
• Hands-on experience with modern web development practices is a highly desirable extra – i.e. knowledge of HTML, JS, CSS, jQuery and Angular (or equivalent application framework like React or Ember)
• Familiarity with object-orientated programming, PHP, Node, SQL, stored procedures in MS SQL Server or Sybase
• Experience with multi-tier application architecture and design
• Flawless written and verbal communication and ability to gain buy-in on plans from a non-technical audience
• Knowledge of native mobile development an advantage but not mandatory
• Team player able to collaborate and foster a culture of co-creation.
Job Function: Marketing/Communications
Organization: Global Marketing-Digital
Title: Data Management Associate
Primary Location: EMEA-Hungary-Budapest
Requisition ID: 172705
Job Posting: Aug 29, 2017, 3:25:35 AM