General Electric Data Scientist in Budapest, Hungary
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Additional introduction... It is not about your career... it is not about your job title... it is about who you are.... It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters... do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company. GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles -people like you!
The Data Scientist is responsible for developing advanced analytic solutions from GE’s finance data within the data lake. The individual will be part of a team tasked with unlocking value from the data lake both directly and in partnership with other functional and IT organizations.
The candidate should have related expertise with a variety of data, data mining, predictive modeling and advanced analytic technologies as well as a fundamental understanding of finance business processes and related systems.
• Works closely with teams and individuals to provide guidance on development and deployment
of advanced analytics use case including data mining, streaming intelligence, predictive modeling,
statistical analysis and other advanced analytics
• Apply expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining and the presentation of data to see beyond
the numbers and drive significant outcomes for the enterprise
• Design, execute and evaluate appropriate analyses (cluster analysis, logistic/linear regression,
collaborative filtering, etc) given an array of tactical and strategic objectives
• Design and develop models for both predictive and proscriptive analysis based on high volume
• Own the understanding of data relationships and algorithms that satisfy a variety of complex use
• Analyze large data to identify trends and model opportunities
• Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to professionally interact with a diverse blend of
personalities to reach resolution and maintain strong relationships
• Assists and manages customers through the report requirements and design process
• Ability to lead a team of report developers across multiple initiatives to provide timely delivery in
an enterprise environment.
• Partners with project management and other team members to successfully deliver against
• Bachelor or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Math, Applied Economics, Statistics, Finance
or Engineering or equivalent
• Strong work experience in analytics, data mining, statistics and/or predictive
• Extensive experience with modeling tools such as SAS, SPSS and Rapid Miner
• Demonstrated expertise in the use of Python, R, Stata, MATLAB or similar technologies for
• Experience with streaming intelligence or low latency analytic engines
Locations: Hungary; Budapest
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.