BlackRock Database Manager in Budapest, Hungary
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary, and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
At BlackRock we are building something great in Budapest, our new global technology and Innovation hub, where we want to shape a culture in which challenge, development and innovation happen every day. The Global Digital Team is a fast-growing global function at BlackRock which seeks to engage a multi-trillion-dollar audience of investors, advisors and institutions with our diverse range of investment products. We are at the centre of a company-wide focus on expanding our footprint in the digital space and we operate at the intersection of design, technology and data. We are constantly driving digital innovation across the domains of web, mobile apps, data models and analytics; while simultaneously driving their implementation, scale and local adaptations globally.
We are looking for an Analyst – Database Manager to join our new Innovation Hub and report into the Vice President of Data Management & Insights in Budapest. You will be responsible for managing a next-generation data platform that will transform how we manage data and operationalise insights across the business. You will support our strategy, modernise our data architecture and be responsible for a smooth transition into the implementation of global platform enhancements.
As a skilled technician, we are looking for someone with the ability to excel in an environment with little certainty but lots of opportunity. You will be part of a team which is innovating our marketing database, client models and lead scoring algorithms, working in agile squads alongside highly skilled global Product Owners, web/mobile developers and marketers based in our other development centres (NYC and London). The role involves process understanding and technology knowledge with an attention to detail to frame and design creative solutions to complex issues.
Key job responsibilities
• Technical expert within a team of data analysts, statisticians and engineers
• Partner with global data capability leads prioritise the roadmap and build towards the optimal system architecture across our data lake, modelling sandbox and real-time decision environment.
• Team up with integration specialists and engineers to deliver expected service levels
• Run our core marketing database which underpins all of our marketing campaigns and web/mobile interfaces.
• Overcome and smoothly handle technical disaster recovery scenarios, release and outage protocols.
What we are looking for:
• 1-2 years of work experience
• Technical aptitude: experience in Windows, Linux, SQL, and Java preferred
• Familiarity with SQL, stored procedures, triggers in MS SQL Server or Sybase
• Relentless desire for understanding how processes work. Creativity in solving unconventional problems
• Adaptability and resiliency when overcoming challenges
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
• Identifies risk areas and potential improvements in an existing process or function
• Assists with trouble shooting during parallels and go-lives
• Team player able to collaborate and foster a culture of co-creation.
Job Function: Marketing/Communications
Organization: Global Marketing-Digital
Title: Database Manager
Primary Location: EMEA-Hungary-Budapest
Requisition ID: 172012
Job Posting: Jul 31, 2017, 10:48:20 AM