Citi ESC AP FA/GL Reconciliation Specialist with Russian in Budapest, Hungary
Primary Location: Hungary,Budapest,Budapest
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Operations
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 17049332
a) Responsibility for ensuring that all accounts are reconciled in an accurate and timely manner, and all discrepancies are investigated, reported to management and resolved
b) To provide the controls around the acquisitions, transfers and disposals of Fixed Assets by maintaining the Oracle Fixed Asset register though Additions, Disposals, transfers and Adjustments of Assets through the P2P FA application and the subsequent reporting and queries associated with it.
c) Support projects in line with reconciliation and fixed asset handling.
a) Increased need to ensure that all Payment Services bank accounts are reconciled and reviewed to ensure that there are no breakages in the payment process of invoices and expenses.
b) Citigroup Shared Services (CSS) is a "shared services" organisation with a concentration of resources leveraging common activities across Citigroup businesses. CSS leverages Citigroup’s scale and efficiencies in common activities that are not core to any individual business, with a goal of lower cost and higher service levels.
The mission statement of CSS EMEA is to be a customer focused, best in class organisation, COE (Centre of Excellence) that delivers a cost effective, high quality set of shared services in a controlled environment. Our customer base comprises of approximately 40,000 staff across 50+ countries.
CSS EMEA Accounts Payable is a division of Citigroup Shared Services.
• Reconciliation of various high/low volume Bank Accounts or other general ledger type accounts, using the daily or weekly bank statements versus the General Ledger postings, and the Oracle (P2P) ledger.
• Investigation of open reconciliation entries and adjustments of those reconciliation items.
• When appropriate contact Country Fincon GL department to investigate reconciling items.
• Journal entries must be prepared, approved and processed as appropriate to balance the various Reconciliations
• Cross-train on primary responsibilities of peers to serve as a back-up when needed.
• Assist and work on special task/ projects deemed appropriate and assigned by management.
• Support COB efforts for department as directed by management.
• Working closely with Corporate Realty and Technology departments you will be maintaining the Oracle Fixed Asset register though Additions, Disposals, Adjustments of Assets and any associated accounting entries.
• Maintaining, reporting and submitting proofs of the designated accounts as per reconciliation cycle.
• Investigation and analysis of ledger and sub ledger detail for the designated BS accounts.
• Producing regular and ad-hoc metrics and reports for Management or for Auditing Bodies.
• Running and reconciling the monthly Depreciation process.
• Provision of ad-hoc management reports (Cost centre), inventory lists and queries
• Working with Project Teams (Global and Regional) and assisting with User Acceptance Testing and Regression Testing and preparing reports on related test results
• System testing
• Attend mandatory and individually selected trainings
• Investigation of open items
• Compliance: ensure that people management related tasks are executed in accordance with Citi policies and procedures, complying with statutory regulations and laws (e.g. recruitment, work orders, managing performance, etc.)
• Engagement: take ownership for the managed tasks
• The role will provide a broad overview of a Shared Services organisation, in addition to gaining broad exposure to the field of Accounts Payable.
• Working within a Global environment and client groups across EMEA
• Exposure to a variety of diverse projects, Oracle financials applications GL/FA/AP and Discoverer
Knowledge and Experience:
• Advantageous for the candidate to have gained experience in account reconciliation activities
• Purchase Order and accounts payable knowledge.
• Experience of working within a Fixed Asset environment is required.
• Prior experience in Accounting
• Technical: Good PC skills particularly Excel, Word.
• Fluent spoken and written English and Russian language
• Ability to work effectively with culturally diverse client groups
• Ability to work in pressurized environment and to monthly deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to build high performing teams.
• Basic accounting knowledge
• BA in economics or accounting is an advantage
• Qualified through experience
• Organizational Skills: Highly organized, ability to work to tight corporate deadlines, whilst under pressure without compromising accuracy.
• Communication Skills: Excellent English and Russian written and verbal skills required. Demonstrated ability to communicate to all level of staff in a culturally diverse environment.
• Process Management Skills: Good analytical skills with the ability to identify opportunities for continuous process improvement and risk elimination.
• Analytical skills
• Attention to details and accuracy
• Good team player
• Awareness of Citi people processes, policies and relevant laws.