Citi ESC EMEA Sourcing Manager – Telecommunications Category in Budapest, Hungary
Primary Location: Hungary,Budapest,Budapest
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Procurement
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 17062886
The EMEA Telecom Hardware and Networking Services Category Lead is responsible of the engagement with the businesses in order to be an advocate of Sourcing who ensures the function is engaged at the right time and at the right level within the organization.
The role will manage key stakeholder relationships across the Telecom and Networking category and is required to act as the “trusted adviser” to the stakeholder groups.
Additionally, the role will be required to ensure the delivery of key projects to support the overall goals of Sourcing in EMEA. For strategic projects the role is required to take the lead and be involved in setting up the sourcing strategy and conducting contract negotiations.
This role will act as People manager having 1 Category Manager under his/her supervision; this includes providing leadership, employee engagement, career development and overall functional direction.
The EMEA Sourcing team is part of the Enterprise Supply Chain (ESC) Organization, which is part of the Citi O&T division. EMEA ESC currently spans 54 countries within EMEA (Europe, Middle East & Africa). Key country clusters include the UK, Western Europe, Central Eastern Europe, Commonwealth of Independent States, Middle East, Africa & Pakistan.
EMEA ESC aims to deliver a world-class enterprise supply chain function to Citi through strategic sourcing, supplier management, contract management, order fulfillment and invoice payment. EMEA ESC is directly responsible for manageable spend of $3 billion dollars (spanning all commodities).
• To develop and implement (in conjunction with the Global Category Leads, Category Sourcing Managers within the team, Business Representatives and other key Stakeholders), the EMEA Sourcing Strategy for the Telecom Hardware and Network Services categories.
• Deliver the relevant Cost Reduction and Cost Avoidance targets agreed during the planning process.
• Develop category strategy(ies) including key insights from robust market analyses / benchmarking processes.
• Maintain positive relationships across senior business stakeholders, the regional Procurement category team, Global category lead and other internal stakeholders
• Ensure identification of cost reductions, supplier consolidation, service delivery improvements, process efficiencies, risk mitigation and standardization across Citi businesses, together with their execution.
• Lead Category Sourcing Managers to analyze business processes and determine opportunities achieved through influencing supply and demand of services.
• Lead Category Sourcing Managers to enable them to manage cross-functional teams comprised of stakeholders from multiple business units in the development and execution of sourcing strategies, RFX’s, supplier selection, negotiation and contracting processes.
• Bring experience to bear in the analysis of supplier proposals, structuring and negotiation of supply agreements and managing supplier relations and performance.
• Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of Citi’s policies and procedures related to supplier selection, contracting and ongoing management, ensuring all requirements are met and documented throughout the end-to-end process.
• Coordinate all administrative requirements including approved supplier program, supplier diversity, contract management system, procure-to-pay system, category related metrics and reporting.
• This position interacts with all levels of management, including senior management, at both Citi and with suppliers
Ensure optimal supply chain performance, with a focus on quality, service, delivery, risk and cost. Manage and conduct the end-to-end Source to Contract process for assigned projects including:
o establishment of the cross-functional project team,
o development of the requirements and spend baseline,
o performance or market research / analysis,
o formulation of the sourcing strategy,
o advise on pre contract supplier risks and gaps that are identified through the supplier pre contract due diligence process
o development of the RFx materials,
o facilitation of the evaluation & scoring of supplier proposals,
o perform financial modeling
o confirmation of completion of required due diligence, advise on pre contract supplier risks and gaps that are identified through the supplier pre contract due diligence process
o develop and execute negotiation strategies addressing all aspects including commercials, service levels and contractual terms and conditions
Leadership and People Management:
• Provide leadership and demonstrate core leadership standards to the Sourcing team that supports the Business area.
• Prioritise the management and development of staff in accordance with strategic and team objectives including career development and mobility, objective setting and appraisals.
• Build and develop the Sourcing capability of the team, working with the colleagues in the Global, Regional and Country Sourcing teams.
• Ensure robust recruitment and retention practises are implemented to strengthen the Sourcing team.
• Drive the employee engagement agenda and activities to ensure that all team members are engaged, motivated and appropriately informed.
• Ensure that the team develops and maintains a comprehensive understanding of Citi’s policies, procedures and Third Party Management process.
• Identify sourcing and tool utilization efficiency opportunities and partner with Global Change teams in execution.
Opportunity to work autonomously with minimal supervision and have exposure to senior managers within the firm. Exposure to Global Sourcing teams and projects.
Knowledge and Experience:
• 7+ years of previous Sourcing, Contracting and/or Business-related experience
• Proven track record of leading large, complex sourcing and/or contracting initiatives
• Experience in building Category plans to support Business and Sourcing strategies.
• Previous experience in engaging with senior executive stakeholders and gaining consensus and sponsorship.
• Experience working in a large, global, highly matrixed organization
• Knowledge and experience with Procurement applications (e.g. eRFx, eAuction, P2P)
• Experience working in English speaking Business environment
• Advanced English language verbal and written skills
• Fundamental Strategic Sourcing skills are a key requirement
• Proven executive stakeholder management skills
• Proficiency in Project Management and governance
• Ability to deliver against an aggressive saves target
• Strong financial modeling and deal structuring skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
• Bachelor's or equivalent degree from an accredited College or University.
• Certified Procurement Professional such as CIPS preferred
• Excellent organizational, analytical, and time-management skills
• Expert interpersonal, communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
• Self motivated, takes initiative and has the ability to effectively organize, multi-task and prioritize a wide array of initiatives
• Aptitude for innovation
• High integrity and ethics
• Must be able to demonstrate credibility and relevance to senior stakeholders.
• Ability to lead across direct/matrix reports, and remote workers in countries globally.