Ericsson Experienced (Linux) platform developer in Budapest, Hungary
YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination
A connected world is just the beginning. Your passion determines what comes next! Apply your ideas and insights to empowering people, business and society.
Discover what makes YOU + ERICSSON a powerful combination.
Ericsson Hungary is looking for*Experienced (Linux) platform developer_.*_
As a Developer you will develop & maintain products (units, nodes, networks, systems and solutions), including development activities like requirement analysis, design, integration, verification, configuration management, PLM support, product documentation.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Perform Continuous Analysis and Requirement Handling
- Develop and Test High Quality Products
- Perform Trouble Shooting and Customer Support
- Drive Continuous Improvements of Products and Processes
- Hands on working experience with multi core Intel architecture, and south bridge peripherals
- Excellent embedded C programming and debugging skills in multi core multithreaded x86 environment
- Solid understanding of Linux OS fundamental, kernel drivers, memory management, and task management
- Strong in analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Good understanding of concurrency, IPC, shared memory and other data sharing mechanisms
- Proficient with GCC, GDB, other embedded development debugging tools and troubleshooting methodologies
- Knowledge of one or more: Processor core architecture, caches and memories, and bus standards like I2C, PCIe, IPMI, USB, LPC and or similar buses
- Networking and IP protocol experience, knowledge of system software
- Experience in writing unit test scripts and automation (Python, PERL) will be an added advantage.
- Experience in debugging Hardware via tools such as JTAG and ICE is a plus
- Experience in writing architecture, design, unit test documents for high-availability telecom/data com products
- A true team player and proven track record of delivering quality carrier class product
- Demonstrated "can-do" attitude, learning aptitude and strong ownership.
- MS and 2+ years minimum, or BS and 4+ years of experience with BS or MS in Electronics Engineering / Computer Science
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Experience in grounds up development or maintenance activities involving bug tracking, triaging.
What we offer:
- Flexible working hours
- High standard working environment (recreation room, sauna, bicycle storage, parking lots…)
- Easily accessible location
- Competitive compensation package, wide range of cafeteria elements, annual bonus
- International career opportunities
- Great team spirit, fun events
- Professional communities
- Subsidized language courses
- Mobile with 4G, laptop
- Local medical service
1117, Budapest, Irinyi József utca 4-20.
What you need to know about Recruitment at Ericsson?
As a first step within our selection process, you will be asked to fill out our technical tests (C, C + +, Java, Networking, Testing skills, Linux, Basic Programming) based on your experience and preference to work in.
The candidates who best match the criteria for the position, will move on to the next step in the process – the interview.
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Hungary (HU) || No Selection || Budapest || R&D;
Req ID: 200218