Diageo External Reporting Senior Manager in Budapest, Hungary
Type of Job:
External Job Description:
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company with an outstanding collection of brands, such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness.
Our purpose - Celebrating life, every day, everywhere - has an important role in our company, for our people, our brands, in how we perform and how we create shared value.
Diageo Business Services have been operating in the heart of Budapest for 15 years and provide added value for the company on a global level in the area of Finance, HR, Commercial Support, IT, Treasury and Business Intelligence.
This role drives the accurate and timely reporting of external financial statements and reports by:
• Preparation of accounting papers supporting Diageo’s accounting treatment on complex accounting issues. Taking ownership for such issues and working with markets to drive and achieve the best outcome for Diageo.
• Primary responsible for the preparation and review of the Group Annual Report, 20F and 6-K with particular focus on compliance with IFRS and other external reporting obligations. Ensure key stakeholders sign-off (Group Controller, Head of Investor Relations, Director of Technical Accounting, CFO)
• Coordination of the activities of the Financial reporting team, leading the team
• Monitor compliance with existing group accounting policies and update it for new standards and interpretations. Communicate to the wider Finance community through technical accounting update training or equivalent.
• Engage with markets to ensure they are fully compliant. Provide support for market issues / initiatives.
• Good business partnering with markets and senior stakeholders to ensure timely reporting and technical issue resolution
• Liaison with the group auditors for the interim, annual and Sarbanes-Oxley audits. Ownership of the ongoing Issues Log.
• Manage direct reports, role model the Diageo values
• Supports the Financial Reporting Director in the FAC process
• Act as deputy of the Financial Reporting Director when needed
• Manage the projects affecting the Financial reporting process.
How to serve:
• University degree, (preferably Finance/Accounting area)
• Professional qualification is an advantage (ACCA, CPA)
• Very strong financial accounting background, experience of at least 7-10 years including significant IFRS reporting experience
• Experience in preparing statutory accounts under IFRS and accounting standards
• Experience in working in a multinational financial position, within different commercial / cultural markets
• Attention to detail + overview of the business: able to operate at the detail level when necessary but always focusing on the big picture
• Communications - must have strong oral and written communications skills. Ability to clearly articulate and support ideas and recommendations to internal and external stakeholders, peer groups and senior management
• Ability to engage and motivate others to drive solution
• Business partnering skills: able to build and maintain excellent relationships with key stakeholders
• Fluency in English
•Self motivated, confident and well organised approach to work with experience of multiple work-streams, project management experience
• People management, coaching skills, ability to manage and coach direct reports, to enhance their skills and develop them to success
Cherry on top:
• Opportunity to climb up on the career ladder
• We won the Fittest Workplace Award, of course we have a Gym
• Urban legend is true, we do have a Rooftop Bar
• Easy to reach downtown location
• Our unique brands are available in our staff shop
• We live our values and color our lives
External Job Title:
External Reporting Senior Manager