Diageo Finance Controller, Germany/Austria, E in Budapest, Hungary
Type of Job:
External Job Description:
Diageo is a global leader in beverage alcohol with an outstanding collection of brands, such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness.
Our financial centre based at the heart of Budapest offers amazing career opportunities across a range of areas along with an inspiring work environment and continuous training and development opportunities.
We are proud of our brands and passionate about our business. We strive to be the best at what we do and give each other the freedom to succeed. We value and respect each other for who we are. Be yourself – at Diageo.
Purpose of the role
Provide high quality financial support to Europe and the respective territory.
• As part of this role, to be responsible and accountable for the quality, accuracy, timeliness and financial relevance of the in-country statutory and management information.
• To maintain accurate and complete accounting records and process to support the management and statutory reporting.
• To provide accurate monthly forecasts for Overhead, A&P and Working capital / Cash agenda.
• To manage overhead, A&P and cash planning annual exercise.
• Driving agenda to identify opportunities to deliver Overhead, A&P annual budgets and to improve the Working Capital position in co-operation with Country Commercial Finance team.
• To create and maintain high quality and effective internal control area. Deliver successful internal & external (GAR, PwC) audits. Ensure RTR processes are SOX/CARM compliant.
• To support the tax manager in case of any tax authority investigation.
•Responsible for daily operational accounting and financial activities including completeness and accuracy.
•Coordinate and participate to the month-end close, reporting and reconciliation process.
•Responsible for compliances and stability of the internal processes.
•Manage, develop and review line reports, creating high performing finance teams across territory and Shared Services (supporting other functional virtual team to deliver the output).
•Ensure compliant statutory cycle and tax management
•University / College degree in finance / business
•Qualified accountant with minimum of 6 – 8 years working and management experience in a multinational corporate environment, with exposure to some of the following areas:
•Financial and Management Accounting, Controlling & Reporting processes
• Accounting standards (IFRS/ statutory reporting experience & knowledge
• Experience on people management / management of big teams
• Internal / external audit experience and/or SOX
• Experience with Shared services process activities
• Process improvement
• Project / change management
• Business experience and understanding
• Risk assessment
• Senior stakeholder management
• Excellent English is a must
• SAP experience is a huge advantage
What we offer
•Competitive salary and benefits
•Numerous professional / soft-skill trainings
•In-house staff shop
•Young and inspirational business environment
•Opportunity to thrive in a constantly expanding, multinational organization
External Job Title:
Finance Controlling Manager