Citi Finance Projects Senior Manager - Solutions Lead Analyst in Budapest, Hungary
Primary Location: Hungary,Budapest,Budapest
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Finance
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 17040904
There are a number of process and systems development projects taking place within both within EMEA Finance and the organization as a whole.
Both within the EMEA region and globally, these encompass both business-driven initiatives and major Finance-driven programmes, arising from a combination of factors including: -
• The rapidly changing business environment in which the firm operates;
• The integration challenges resulting from recent merger activity;
• The constant need to develop both systems and processes to enhance efficiency and further strengthen the current control environment.
The Budapest Finance and Risk Infrastructure’ s main roles are to: -
• Work with the relevant line areas to progress and implement Finance-sponsored projects and initiatives;
• Represent Finance in a number of other initiatives, sponsored by the business or other support areas;
• Maintain a system “strawman” for Finance across the EMEA region and ensure that any systems change, either globally or at regional level, is consistent with that strawman;
• Direct the Technology budget/spend at projects and systems initiatives that will give the biggest benefit to Finance;
• Construct, maintain and test Finance’s Continuity of Business plans
The new Project Manager to work as part of the Budapest FRI team.
Finance & Risk Infrastructure team in Budapest is seeking to establish an appropriate group structure to provide ongoing support of global and regional projects as they impact Finance.
Within the FRI organization in EMEA, Budapest FRI is responsible for a wide number of activities including Financial Reporting/Control, Product Control, Regulatory Reporting, Treasury, Tax, and Planning/analysis..
This role has emerged within the Budapest FRI team. The person recruited for this role will report to the Budapest Lead of FRI within Hungary, and will interface with other members of the FRI organization across regions, on individual projects, according to current priority.
Has a small team of direct reports initially, but manages a large number of individuals from other areas who are working on the project, from Technology and from the line areas
The type of projects/work covered will include:
• Implementation of a complex projects with multiple systems and processes involved
• Contribute to a new system and process strategy
• Suggest and initiate new projects with the Finance and/or Risk functional area that is supported
• Manage multiyear projects covering multiple countries end-to-end
• Drive for implementation of standard processes with the utilization of standard data
• Execute complex projects that cover different functions both inside and outside of Finance & Risk
• Responsible for Workslate prioritisation for some Finance systems
This role provides an excellent opportunity to see and learn how the many different areas of an Investment Bank work together. Specifically, the successful candidate will secure: -
• The opportunity to work with a large number of people from different functions;
• The opportunity to develop project management skills. These are skills / competencies which can be used in any future line management roles;
• Opportunities to gain a thorough knowledge of the complete range of Finance processes;
• Opportunity to gain experience of different Software Development Lifecycles.
Knowledge and Experience:
• Excellent and thorough knowledge of the Finance systems infrastructure (essential);
• 5+ years of experience as Project Manager (essential);
• Prior experience within the Banking industry (essential);
• Good product knowledge (preferred);
• Good accounting, P&L and Financial/regulatory reporting knowledge (preferred)
• Knowledge of / interest in Financial Processes and Systems (essential);
• Interest in Project Management (essential);
• 2-3 years of people management experience
• Basic understanding of Financial measures/concepts on products, e.g. Profit/loss, Balance Sheet Accounting and Internal Control (preferred);
• Interest in Technology (not essential).
• Demonstrated ability to build high performing teams.
The successful candidate will preferably be a qualified accountant or the holder of a similar business qualification.
If no qualifications currently held, the desire to complete an accounting/similar qualification would be an advantage.
Professional qualifications are not a pre-requisite for the performance of this role
It is important that the following key characteristics can be clearly demonstrated, based on previous experience: -
• A well-motivated, well-organised self-starter, the successful candidate will be able to lead, coordinate and drive medium-sized project teams, including representatives from a variety of areas across the organisation, sometimes for initiatives lasting several months;
• Someone who can think through a problem;
• Someone who is comfortable in the detail;
• The ability to assimilate data and to reach well thought out decisions;
• The ability to add value to current working practices and to challenge the status quo, thinking beyond the “here and now”;
• Solid oral and written communication skills;
• Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships at all levels.
• Someone who can successfully manage strategic initiatives towards the timely achievement of their stated objectives
• Requires minimal supervision
•Awareness of Citi people processes, policies and relevant laws.