Citi Financial Reporting Sr. Analyst – Credit Risk in Budapest, Hungary
Primary Location: Hungary,Budapest,Budapest
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Finance
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 17064790
Financial Reporting Senior Analyst specialised in Credit Risk reporting under Basel2/3. Responsible for the preparation of Credit Risk related financial returns for select EMEA legal entities within Citigroup.
Credit Risk, including Counterparty Credit Risk and Large Exposures is generating the bulk of the capital requirements for Citigroup’s EMEA legal entities, and is a continuously evolving area with immense focus from regulators and senior management alike. The Senior Analyst will review and analyse the individual components of the credit risk charge, and ensure accurate and consistent monitoring and reporting across multiple legal vehicles, spanning several countries.
The Senior Analyst will liaise with several departments outside of Finance, most of them located overseas, thereby gaining exposure to a broad range of international stakeholders.
The Senior Analyst will also support potential migrations of new legal entities to the Budapest CsC.
EMEA Regulatory Reporting Citi Service Centre (CsC) in Budapest is a key part of the Finance function. It is Citi’s pioneering centre on a global scale where local regulatory reporting professionals work together in a central location, to ensure consistent quality of local regulatory reporting across multiple jurisdictions and legal vehicles.
The CSC is organized into 6 groups based upon reporting type and function:
Credit Risk reporting team covers Basel2/3 Credit Risk monitoring and reporting (including Counterparty Credit Risk and Large Exposures)
Market Risk reporting team covers Basel2/3 Market Risk processes (including Value at Risk and Standard Model approaches)
Statistical Reporting team covers Central Bank reporting for key monetary statistics, based on which important monetary policy decisions are made
By-desk and Advisory team monitors the desks’ capital usage versus the assigned targets and support in Advisory related daily tasks
Controls and Standardisation team ensures consistency of controls across the above areas
Reginsight implementation team responsible for new systems implementation
The department’s role encompasses the identification of exposures, calculation of the Regulatory Capital Requirements and production of analysis covering liquidity, credit risk and market risk and statistical reporting for regulated legal vehicles in EMEA.
Members of the CSC always strive to improve processes and strengthen the control environment, while continuing to make Citi a great place to work.
• Production & delivery of daily, monthly & quarterly prudential regulatory returns and monitoring reports
• Maintenance and further development of controls & reports including reconciliations, static data & variance analysis
• Ongoing review and development of current processes to increase efficiency
• Liaising with multiple departments of the covered countries (including Financial Control, Treasury, Risk Departments) to resolve issues
• Provide support to country Finance teams on an ad-hoc basis (e.g. audits, regulatory inquiries)
• Check and ensure that procedures and policies are applied to adequately cover rules and regulations
• Participate in future process migrations from new countries as appropriate
• Support the work of the Financial Reporting Manager by executing further relevant tasks he/she allocates
• Complete additionally any other tasks in connection with the role but not detailed in the current job description, charged by the direct manager, supervisor, or the functional head.
• Exposure to a broad range of banking products carrying credit risk, including OTC and ETD derivatives, secured financing transactions, securities and loans
• Deepen knowledge about financial regulation covering Credit Risk
Knowledge and Experience:
• 4-6 years of work experience in financial reporting / auditing roles
• Prior experience in a regulatory or risk reporting role is an advantage
• Knowledge of capital and financial market products and Basel II/III are an advantage
• Accounting and/or Financial reporting experience
• Advanced MS Excel and Access knowledge
• Fluent English knowledge
• Knowledge of an additional EMEA language is an advantage
• Strong planning & organisational skills
• Excellent analytical skills
• Should be creative, proactive and flexible
• Has to have excellent ability to pay attention to details and work under pressure
• Time management
• University / College degree in finance / accounting
• Highly motivated with advanced analytical & problem solving abilities
• Ability to interpret & implement regulatory guidelines & professional standards
• Demonstrated ability to complete tasks within tight deadlines
• Enthusiastic team player
• Professional communication & interpersonal skills