BlackRock FinTech Specialist in Portfolio Construction Group in Budapest, Hungary
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services too institutional, intermediary, and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
At BlackRock we are building something great in Budapest, our new global technology and Innovation hub, where we want to shape a culture in which challenge, development and innovation happen every day. Our mission as an organsiaiton is create a better financial future for our clients and BlackRock Budapest will enable this, through a relentless drive to make ourselves and our communities better. We are a diverse bunch of people who like to analyse, reinvent, and enhance how we work, and all in the pursuit of a better experience for our colleagues and clients. We offer The excitement to be a founder in a start-up with the security of a global, leading organization, where you will find innovation and inclusion are our competitive advantages. There are limitless problems to solve and opportunities for learning and development, alongside a team of clever and caring colleagues. Our culture is one of respect, challenge and stretch and we expect and value feedback. We believe that people reach their best potential when the different facets of their home, work and community are all cared about. We will have a fun, fast paced work environment located in cutting edge facilities, with competitive and innovative benefits, and the ability to define your role, pursue your aspirations and shape your future within Hungary and beyond.
The Global EII Portfolio Consulting teams of MAPIC (Multi-Asset Portfolio and Investment Consulting) and BPAS (BlackRock Portfolio Analysis and Solutions) aim to deliver value our clients and growth to our Firm by helping investors achieve their portfolio outcomes by using passive and active BlackRock products and solutions.
The Portfolio Consulting Platform Team ("the Platform Team") manages the tools, data and processes for MAPIC and BPAS to develop and deliver portfolio solutions for clients in a scalable and efficient manner. The Platform team integrates internal and external tools into the consulting platform for best of breed analytics capabilities while maintaining consistency in how the tools and data are used by different regions. In addition, the platform team is responsible for the request management process workflow and reporting on consulting team activities.
Internal tools and data examples: Portfolio Risk Tools, Prism, TRR, and Factor Extractor
External tools and data examples: Bloomberg, Morningstar Direct, MPI Stylus Pro, Mutual Fund websites
• Assist in review and onboarding of client holdings to set up and run portfolio analytics
• Work with investment consultants to prepare portfolio reviews, market updates, and research reports
• Help to gather and refine our analytical dataset
• Execute routine data updates and data review for the analytics platform and tools used by the consulting teams
• Manage, review and make updates, as needed, to the monthly product comparison report generation process
• Assist management and other consultants with ad-hoc projects
• Once familiar with the investment consulting process and toolset, work with consulting teams to suggest and develop solutions that would increase scale and efficiency for the portfolio consulting teams
We are looking for people who are:
• Curious: You like to learn new things and have a healthy disrespect for status quo
• Brave: You are happiest outside your comfort zone
• Passionate: You feel personal ownership for the work you do and an aspiration to be better
• Open: You value and respect input from other
• Experimental: You make mistakes, but learn from them
• Geeky: You want to outsmart the problem.
You should have:
• Bachelors in a quantitative/technical discipline, computer/data science, or finance preferred
• 2 years of work experience, preferably with a financial services firm
• An understanding of or desire to learn financial markets, preferably focused on return, risk control, and portfolio construction techniques
• Strong interest in both technology and analytics
• Familiar with handling and manipulating large data sets
• Familiarity with Excel 2013 or newer
• Fluency in one or more of the following languages:
o Strongly Preferred: Excel VBA, SQL, Python (Pandas), R
o Advantageous to have: Scala, Hadoop, PIG
• Demonstrated ability to use technology and programming skills to develop solutions to speed up and scale processes for users
• Knowledge of risk models or previous experience with risk platforms/tools is a plus (BARRA/Barclays Point/Aladdin)
• Be able to work and deliver under minimal supervision/independently
• Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
• Fluency in English required
• Ability to work efficiently and multi-task effectively in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment
A Day in the Life Examples:
- Task: A portfolio consultant has a data need to model indices
Activity to Complete Task: Search for the appropriate indices on Bloomberg, Morningstar or other data sources. Export the holdings data to Excel. Format data and/or link in identifiers so that the data can be read by and used with analytic tools (MPI Stylus Pro, Aladdin Tools). Save the holdings data, and or upload to analytic tools and notify the consultant the data is ready to use.
- Task: Monthly data update
Activity to Complete Task: Get monthly fund data and returns from BlackRock internal website and other market data sources, such as Bloomberg and Morningstar. Download data into Microsoft Excel and/or Microsoft Access. Run scripts for the monthly update. Notify managers of data update issues such as new fund tickers needing additional history or returns that are outside of the performance range the require additional review.
- Task: Monthly Product Comparison Reports
Activity to Complete Task: On a monthly basis, once data updates are done, run and monitor report generation of 5000 fund comparisons for BlackRock ETFs. Run verification scripts to ensure the reports ran correctly and spot check certain reports. After verification is successful, upload reports to internal website so that the reports can be accessed by the sales.
- Task: Monitor engagements for efficient processing
Activity to Complete Task: The platform team sees there is similarity in the requests by different portfolio consultants. The Platform Team monitors engagements and sees that such requests can be automated by adding functionality to a spreadsheet that interacts with Aladdin tools and data. The Platform Operations Specialist verifies the need for development, gets key stakeholders to agree to the solution, develops the functionality, and deploys and then trains consultants on how to user the new capability.
Job Function: Investment Management (Trading, Research, Portfolio Management)
Organization: US ETF MAPIC & ISI
Title: FinTech Specialist in Portfolio Construction Group
Primary Location: EMEA-Hungary-Budapest
Requisition ID: 171236
Job Posting: May 10, 2017, 6:42:37 AM
FutureAdvisor is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.