SAP HANA Database Administrator Job in Budapest, Hungary
Requisition ID: 144054
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Career Level: T4PF
Recruiter Name: Karolina Dzierzawska
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
SAP SuccessFactors provides the industry leading cloud-based Human Capital Management (HCM) software solutions using the Software as a Service (SaaS) model. The SuccessFactors HCM Suite includes a complete set of tightly integrated talent management solutions, robust workforce analytics and planning, plus a next generation core HR solution integrated with a Payroll solution also. With over 5000 customers and more than twenty million users in 177 countries, SuccessFactors HCM Software is the most adopted Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) business software in the world. The SAP SuccessFactors Service Delivery Organization is responsible for operational support for the SuccessFactors Cloud-based suite of HCM solutions. We have teams in India, Hungary, Germany, the Americas, China, Australia, etc.
SAP SuccessFactors Service Delivery and Operations Center in Budapest is a key location responsible for operating SAP SuccessFactors HCM Cloud Products. The team in this location needs to ensure the various productive landscapes are running well for European Customers along with global.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Bachelors or Master’s degree, preferably in business information systems or in computer science, mathematical, technical or science field of study.
• You easily can develop good working relationships across our organization.
• Excellent communication skills in English.
• Good communication skills and excellent team-player.
• Strong analytical, problem solving skills and work customer orientated.
• Get-it-done Approach.
• You are willing to share your experience and ensure that your feedback results in continuous improvement of our technology
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
• Good knowledge of general Database architecture
• Good knowledge and experience in Database benchmark (e.g. TPC-C, TPC-H, etc…)
• Good knowledge in Intel CPU micro architecture and general computer architecture
• Good knowledge and experience in SAP HANA an added advantage
• Good knowledge and experience in SAP HANA and Oracle benchmark and performance optimization
• Very good analytical skills
• Good LINUX skills and experience
• Query optimization and tuning skills including cross database and cross server queries, analysis and troubleshooting interactions between databases, operating systems and applications with regard to performance and resources usage
• Familiar with debugging and analyzing complex problems
• Programming languages (mandatory): SQL, Python
• Database upgrades, patching, migrations
• Develop and implement database backup and recovery solutions
• Control system resources usage, perform troubleshooting and diagnostics activities
• Providing technical expertise and support in optimizing and tuning of Systems
• Provide timely response to system alerts and participate in the on-call schedule (if applicable)
• Support in development of concepts and tools to solve and prevent problems and to increase efficiency
• Providing technical expertise and support in optimizing System Operation and System Architecture.
• Working in international teams and driving global knowledge transfer and documentation
• Excellent communication skills in English
• Ability & willingness to learn new technologies quickly and adapt to them
• Experience and exposure to Cloud Operations is added advantage
• 2 years of overall database administration and support/operations experience, with a successful delivery track record.
• SME in SAP HANA database administration.
• Should have played a L2 role in current position
• Experience of working in large landscape/environment where multiple database flavors are running.
• Knowledge on Database capacity planning/strategy is an added advantage
• Knowledge & Experience on other database flavors are added advantage
• Administration/ Operations is an added advantage.
• Administration/ Operations is an added advantage.
• Hands on experience with expert knowledge of Unix/Linux flavors w.r.t Database.
• Good understanding of operational framework like ITIL/ITSM.
• Should be capable of Owning, Leading and coordinate operational tasks, customer escalations, process improvements
• Application support knowledge & experience
• Excellent presentation & communication skills are a must
AT SAP YOU CAN
• Deep dive into the technology
• Get to know the World largest business Cloud provider’ portfolio
• Deal with Cutting-Edge Technologies
• Join a highly engaged team
• Share your opinion and improvement ideas because we are listening to you
• Work in a people-oriented, open and friendly community
• Get excellent working conditions in a beautiful working environment
• And not at least enjoy the sporty life of SAP
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: Careers@sap.com ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.