Citi IAU Fraud and Enhanced Due Diligence Analyst in Budapest, Hungary
Primary Location: Hungary,Budapest,Budapest
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Security
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job ID: 17049608
To provide a professional and timely response in the processing and dispositioning of referrals and investigative tasks from internal Citi businesses and independent functions (including CSIS). The aim of the Investigative Analysis Unit (IAU)/Due Diligence research and review centre (RRC) is to act as a filter to enable CSIS Fraud and Global Due Diligence (GDD) Investigators to concentrate time and resources on more complex investigations.
The Investigations Analysis Unit (IAU) /Due Diligence research and review centre (RRC) is a front-line function within CSIS Investigations.
Referrals and tasks focus on, though are not restricted to, the dispositioning of low priority fraud events, conducting preliminary research on individuals and companies and identifying and escalating high priority matters.
Support to Fraud Investigations:
• Timely assessment and disposition of all incidents referred by different business groups CSIS supports / internally within CSIS / external parties
• Completion of case related tasks assigned by investigators as part of a CSIS investigation
• Assessment and handling of low impact fraud / suspected fraud events from referral to case completion
• Build and maintain internal relationships with different business groups CSIS supports
• Build and maintain external relationships with sister bank fraud departments across EMEA in an effort to establish partnerships and areas of support that enhance the ability for timely information sharing and recovery efforts
• Enter case records within CSIS’ case management system in accordance with CSIS ‘Investigation Standards’
Support to Global Due Diligence:
• Analysis of GDD referrals in combination with historical investigative information from various Citi businesses; identifying, building, linking and escalating cases to CSIS GDD Management for review and/or assignment
• Research and analysis of individuals (high net worth customers or prospects), corporate entities or events through public records, commercial databases, media information, proprietary databases and human sources intelligence to assess prospective clients suitability to help Citi mitigate and respond to risks.
• Evaluation of information and information sources for accuracy, reliability and relevance in assessing risk
• Creation and population of narrative reports, to be reviewed by and/or escalated to GDD Investigators
The CSIS EMEA function is a mature independent corporate security function operating across more than 50 countries. The CSIS Investigations team works in partnership with equivalent investigation teams across the globe. The CSIS team is comprised of experienced specialists from a variety of backgrounds including commercial investigations, law enforcement, technology, computer forensics, data analysis, and due diligence. Joining the CSIS team will enhance the Analyst’s pure skills and ability to operate across a diverse region.
Knowledge and Experience:
• Minimum of two (2)years’ experience working in a counter-fraud environment or research and analysis position, preferably at a financial institution, and / or business intelligence consultancy firm.
• Preference will be given to candidates that demonstrate knowledge of financial fraud typologies
• University level education preferred or equivalent work experience.
• Excellent written English
• Excellent communication and personal skills
• Fluency in another language strongly preferred, in particular Arabic, French and Russian
• Excellent Research and Analysis skills
• Preference will be given to candidates with one or more of the following qualifications:
Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
International Compliance Association, Certificate or Diploma in Anti-Money Laundering
Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS)
• An ability to multitask, act under pressure and quickly identify and deal with priority matters under tight deadlines
• Maintenance of multiple enquiries at any one time, often under considerable deadline pressure
• Experience of intelligence analytics/enquiries
• Work both independently and as part of a team