BlackRock Insurance Client Service Analyst in Budapest, Hungary
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services too institutional, intermediary, and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
At BlackRock we are building something great in Budapest, our new global technology and Innovation hub, where we want to shape a culture in which challenge, development and innovation happen every day. Our mission as an organsiaiton is create a better financial future for our clients and BlackRock Budapest will enable this, through a relentless drive to make ourselves and our communities better. We are a diverse bunch of people who like to analyse, reinvent, and enhance how we work, and all in the pursuit of a better experience for our colleagues and clients. We offer The excitement to be a founder in a start-up with the security of a global, leading organization, where you will find innovation and inclusion are our competitive advantages. There are limitless problems to solve and opportunities for learning and development, alongside a team of clever and caring colleagues. Our culture is one of respect, challenge and stretch and we expect and value feedback. We believe that people reach their best potential when the different facets of their home, work and community are all cared about. We will have a fun, fast paced work environment located in cutting edge facilities, with competitive and innovative benefits, and the ability to define your role, pursue your aspirations and shape your future within Hungary and beyond.
Financial Institutions Group (EMEA)
Within the Financial Institutions Group (FIG), we pride ourselves on creating, communicating, and delivering specific investment solutions for BlackRock’s European insurance clients. The team has over 25 professionals with different backgrounds and expertise in the many functions that, combined, make this effort successful. These include relationship management, markets, sales, strategy, regulatory, client service, and product development, next to comprehensive insurance knowledge.
FIG EMEA operates as part of a global FIG practice which is responsible for managing relationships with the firm’s insurance clients (with total AUM of $400 billion as at the end of March 2017). The global FIG team straddles the Institutional Client Business and the Portfolio Management Group and is supported by strategists in BlackRock’s Client Solutions Group, risk analytics experts in BlackRock’s Solutions business, as well as wider BlackRock business groups including the Risk & Quantitative Analytics Group.
FIG EMEA offers European Insurance clients comprehensive insurance expertise and a focused touch-point into our organisation such that clients can benefit from the scale of resource which BlackRock offers without compromising on the tailored and nimble experience which clients appreciate.
The expectations for the business are such that the team is heavily focused on first class service delivery and further developing existing relationships. This new role provides an opportunity for an individual to become an integral member of a growing team, helping to shape the future direction of the business.
• Support the London based FIG EMEA relationship management team by working with the FIG EMEA Fixed Income Portfolio Management and other teams (including institutional, retail, iShares, Client Solutions and business operations) within BlackRock to understand the nature of the insurance asset management and contribute to providing best-in-class service to the existing FIG EMEA client base
• Assist the team in providing portfolio analysis, including construction and review of monthly & quarterly investment and regulatory (Solvency II) reports, and aiding the team’s response to ad hoc queries in a timely and professional manner.
• Creation of meeting materials and utilisation of in-house systems to undertake specific portfolio analysis and modelling work for insurance clients; supporting their business and regulatory needs
• Involvement in any projects / analysis / information which supports the ongoing insurance client service and / or business development of the team, including RFPs and the creation / formatting of client materials / prospect presentations
• Direct client service as part of the relationship management function through participation in Onboarding huddles and coordinating with internal teams for ad hoc client queries
• Assist with legal documentation, portfolio guideline formulation / implementation and monitoring / resolution of the compliance dashboard
We are looking for people who are:
• Intellectual curiosity – keenness to learn around tasks, company and clients
• Attention to detail – no errors in client deliverables
• Proactivity – you are comfortable taking ownership of your deliverables, seeking guidance where required
• High levels of personal organisation – to ensure timely delivery of output
• High emotional quotient – you care about the quality of the output you produce
• Desire to build a career in BlackRock
You should have:
• Strong levels of personal motivation with significant personal initiative to drive business deliverables
• Demonstrable ability to multi-task, excellent attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills – fluent English is a must. Other European languages (e.g. German, French) are advantageous. Ability to explain complicated subject matter clearly and concisely for variety of different audiences
• Honed problem solving skills – able to solve multi-faceted and complex problems in time pressured situations, linking together numerous stakeholders as required. Structured approach to solving issues and ability to learn from mistakes
• Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills (VBA programming a plus, but not required)
• A background in quantitative subjects and social sciences preferred (e.g. Mathematics, Economics, Accounting, Finance, Engineering, Natural Sciences)
• Previous work experience in investments, accounting, consulting or insurance asset management advantageous but not required
Job Function: Sales/Relationship Management
Organization: ICB-EMEA Institutional
Title: Insurance Client Service Analyst
Primary Location: EMEA-Hungary-Budapest
Requisition ID: 171634
Job Posting: Jun 13, 2017, 9:57:15 AM