BlackRock Junior DeskSide Support Engineer in Budapest, Hungary
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services too institutional, intermediary, and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
At BlackRock we are building something great in Budapest, our new global technology and Innovation hub, where we want to shape a culture in which challenge, development and innovation happen every day. Our mission as an organsiaiton is create a better financial future for our clients and BlackRock Budapest will enable this, through a relentless drive to make ourselves and our communities better. We are a diverse bunch of people who like to analyse, reinvent, and enhance how we work, and all in the pursuit of a better experience for our colleagues and clients. We offer The excitement to be a founder in a start-up with the security of a global, leading organization, where you will find innovation and inclusion are our competitive advantages. There are limitless problems to solve and opportunities for learning and development, alongside a team of clever and caring colleagues. Our culture is one of respect, challenge and stretch and we expect and value feedback. We believe that people reach their best potential when the different facets of their home, work and community are all cared about. We will have a fun, fast paced work environment located in cutting edge facilities, with competitive and innovative benefits, and the ability to define your role, pursue your aspirations and shape your future within Hungary and beyond.
The EMEA Deskside Team are responsible for supporting desktop PC’s and mobility solutions for circa 4,500 staff across 23 office locations within the region. Whilst the teams’ primary focus is the support of our existing technology environment, they are also instrumental in the introduction and deployment of evolving technologies to the business, ensuring BlackRock’s staff have an optimal environment within which to do business. In doing so, the team have become the face of technology and aim is to ensure the provision of a high quality, cost effective service to our business community, ensuring minimum downtime and a superior user experience.
You would be involved in supporting software, hardware, mobile technology, network and server infrastructure on a day to day basis.
The team’s duties include the installation, diagnosis and repair, maintenance and upgrade of desktop hardware, including audio visual and telecoms equipment to ensure optimal performance.
You will be a key contributor to the team and must have a ‘can do’ attitude and a solid evidential background in customer service.
You will be required to trouble shoot problems in a timely fashion and provide end-user assistance either in person, by telephone or via e-mail. Occasionally weekends and after hours work is required to ensure the high profile critical business environment is maintained.
• Provide proactive swift and professional end user IT support
• Complete user moves and new joiner installations in the office
• Maintain stock controls for all hardware
• Provide local assistance with wider infrastructure teams – providing local technical resource
• Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of desktop problems for end-users, recommend and implement corrective solutions
• Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user workstations and related hardware or software in order to deliver required desktop service levels
• Collaborate with other support groups across global locations to help trouble shoot user issues
• Upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring desktop operations
• Write technical support and end user documentation as needed
• Meet or exceed expected customer service levels
• Provide regional office support to other offices across the EMEA region
• Point person for all onsite Technology escalations
• Supporting team members technically
• Excellent proven track record supporting end user professional environment
• Excellent proven customer service based approach
• Proven ability to prioritize tasks and issues according to the business impact
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Good time management skills
• Able to work in a high pressure environment
• Strong organizational and analytical skills
• Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
• Ability to work autonomously and within team
• Flexible and proactive with a ‘will do’ attitude
• Takes responsibility and follows through on issues to closure and root cause resolution
• Demonstrable desire to achieve
• Fresh graduates are welcome
• Fluent in Hungarian and English
Job Function: Technology
Organization: Technology & Enterprise Services
Title: Junior DeskSide Support Engineer
Primary Location: EMEA-Hungary-Budapest
Requisition ID: 171512
Job Posting: Jun 12, 2017, 2:40:49 AM