General Electric Junior Network Operations - Intern in Budapest, Hungary
GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. GE Power & Water provides customers with a broad array of power generation, energy delivery and water process technologies to solve their challenges locally. Power & Water works in all areas of the energy industry including renewable resources such as wind and solar; biogas and alternative fuels; and coal, oil, natural gas and nuclear energy. The business also develops advanced technologies to help solve the world’s most complex challenges related to water availability and quality. Numerous products are qualified under ecomagination, GE’s commitment to providing innovative solutions that maximize resources, drive efficiencies and help make the world work better. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Headquartered in Schenectady, N.Y., Power & Water is GE’s largest industrial business. Follow GE Power & Water on Twitter @GE_PowerWater. Follow us on Twitter, join our LinkedIn Group or become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community. Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog.
We are looking for an intern to join our Network Operations Team. In this role, you will have a chance to gain experience in network operations, network support and network engineering as well as billing on our enterprise grade platforms.
The perfect candidate is passionate about technology.
• Implement tools that support our network operations team
• Support network troubleshooting in a global environment
• Support network related documenting activities across business functions
• Provide L1 network support assist with basic troubleshooting of router and network connectivity issues
• Ongoing studies with bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• Familiarity with networking equipment (routers, switches)
• Fluency in English required our international team
• Experienced in MS Office applications
• Familiarity in Java development
• Studied Networking, took part in Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices
• Has the ability to take ownership of small tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary
• Adapts to new environments and changing requirements
• Strong team player – collaborates well with others to solve problems and has experience working with others on a global basis
• Passion about technology
• Strong Communication skills
Locations: Hungary; Budapest
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.