BlackRock Lead Science Data Engineer - Investment Strategies in Budapest, Hungary
BlackRock , the world's largest asset manager but also one of the largest financial technology provider (SaaS), was founded in 1988 by eight entrepreneurs who wanted to start a very different company: one that combined the best of financial services with cutting edge technology. One that focused many diverse views on a shared vision.
A diverse bunch of people who like to analyse, reinvent and enhance how we work… all in the pursuit of a better experience for colleagues and clients.
We have arrived in Hungary with the same goal in mind. Join us and become a founder of our new global technology and innovation hub in the heart of Budapest.
A diverse bunch of people who like to analyse, reinvent and enhance how we work… all in the pursuit of a better experience for colleagues and clients.We have arrived in Hungary with the same goal in mind. Join us and become a founder of our new global technology and innovation hub in the heart of Budapest.
We are looking for people who are:
• Curious: You like to learn new things and have a healthy disrespect for status quo
• Brave: You are willing to get outside your comfort zone
• Passionate: You feel personal ownership for the work you do and an aspiration to be better
• Open: You value and respect input from other
• Experimental: You make mistakes, but learn from them
• Geeky: You want to outsmart the problem.
…And will be excited about:
• Implementing scientific models used to build optimum asset portfolios for our clients allowing them to achieve their financial goals.
• Leading an agile team that creates critical solutions for clients on our own cloud platform (Aladdin)
• Owning the end-to-end outcome of high value components
• Learning and working with and new technologies (Java 8, Python/R, Spark, Hive, HDFS, Angular 1/2) and new paradigms (full stack, distributed computing, NoSQL, big data)
• Working in a challenging, fast paced and flexible environment
• 2 Years of building designing and developing data processing pipelines using Java/python. Distributed computing platform such as HDFS/Spark/Hive is a big plus.
• 4 years of programming experience with Java. Python will be a plus.
• Background and experience in text analytics, NLTP and understanding of unsupervised and supervised machine learnings is big plus.
• Experience building interactive web applications using angular, bootstrap is a plus.
• Proven experience of managing a team of 3 – 5 developers
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or a related numerical field
• Ability & willingness to learn fast and pick up new things easily
• Analyze and solve programming tasks independently and pro-actively
• Strong critical thinking skills
• Great communication skills in English
The speed of a start-up. The scale of the largest asset manager. The role of a lifetime.
Job Function: Technology
Organization: APG-Investment Systems
Title: Lead Science Data Engineer - Investment Strategies
Primary Location: EMEA-Hungary-Budapest
Requisition ID: 171257
Job Posting: Jun 7, 2017, 3:02:06 AM