BT Network Planning & Design Professional in Budapest, Hungary
Kick-start your international career with one of the world’s leading communication companies!
British Telecom is one of the world’s leading providers of communications solutions and services operating in 170 countries. Its activities include the provision of networked IT services globally. The Regional Operations Centre of BT is looking for colleagues as Network Planning & Design Professional to our office in Budapest.
· Planning and implementation of innovative, cost efficient standard customer connections and non-standard customer connections based on special requests in our City Fibre Networks with local access or e2e services
· Support of customer related network designs to find most cost effective solution that fits all customer requirements
· Planning and implementation of transport network equipment
· Evolve and optimise Northern European Transport Networks into a converged network structure to provide future proof transport services, e.g. High Speed MPLS / BT Cloud
· Project management for specific parts of the Build out of the BT Transport and Access network infrastructure in line with the BT TSO 2020 Strategy.
· Plans and owns the delivery of pre-provisioning of network elements to ensure that nodes are always capable of supporting orders across several planning teams.
Required Experiences and Skills
· Ethernet & SDH technology and equipment for access solutions
· DWDM technology for access & transport solutions
· Experience in network planning and optical designs
· Fibre and digging knowledge for City Fibre Networks
· Capable to manage build activities for customer delivery at customer premises and BT network locations
· Planning and implementation of digging relocation projects together with other service providers and digging companies
· Project Management
· Basic commercial/financial knowledge
· Fluent in German and English
· Knowledge about different City Fibre Network structures in different major cities outside Germany (Benelux, Italy, Spain)
· Project management accreditation
· Willingness for travel
What we offer
Supportive corporate culture
Inspiring working teams
Competitive salary and benefit package
Professional development programs, trainings and educational support
Employee and Family Friendly Workplace
Private health insurance package
Why you should join BT?
You’ll play a vital part in making technology and communications accessible on an unparalleled scale. You’ll be challenged to tackle new problems. Always on the lookout for ways to improve things and make life easier for our customers.
Making a better world, together
Our products and services are essential to the fabric of today’s society. We underpin everything from global trade and industry to economic growth and social infrastructure. Our technology gives people the power and freedom to create possibilities – reaching further, aiming higher, and making their voices heard.
Job: Network Planning and Design
Title: Network Planning & Design Professional
Requisition ID: 68443
Other Locations: Europe-Hungary-Budapest-Budapest