Citi Product Control Sr .Analyst - Commodities in Budapest, Hungary
Primary Location: Hungary,Budapest,Budapest
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Finance
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 17039640
The role is part of the Product Control team in Budapest, supporting the EMEA Commodities Trading business.
A challenging role within the Commodities Product Control team, primarily responsible for reporting and analysing the daily P&L. Candidates will work closely with all other areas of the Finance department, liaising with the trading desk, risk management, operations and middle office.
Product Control is the largest department in Finance with responsibility for controlling daily profit and loss reporting, price verification and new trading activity for the ICG in EMEA. The department is organised into business-aligned teams and the product scope comprehensive, comprising cash, derivative, as well as structured and exotic variants of the following asset classes; credit, FX, equity, money markets, commodities and rates.
We work closely across functions on a daily basis (including the Trading desks, Risk Management, Operations, and other areas of Finance) and develop a good understanding of the products traded, along with the associated market risks and accounting complexities.
We offer unique opportunity to get to know all the full range of institutional and investment banking products in the working practice of a globally leading multinational financial services conglomerate.
Our Budapest office is deeply integrated part of the EMEA regional hub, establishing direct contact with the business and finance areas in the regional centre.
The prospective candidate will be involved in all facets of Product Control work although will not necessarily be in a standard line role (except for holiday cover as required). Key goals of the role will be:
• Ensure that the firm's risk portfolios are fairly valued
• Managerial responsibilities.
• Develop supervisory and monitoring skillset; take ownership as directed by line manager
• Challenge and coach team members and make sure their output corresponds to highest standards.
• Daily production of P&Ls and communication / review of results with the Desk. Explanation of P&L movements to management in terms of trading activity, key drivers and profit attribution analysis.
• Participation in desk level activities, including preparing the daily product specific business level revenues and commentary.
• Understand the Price Verification process and its impact on the P&L.
• Work closely with the Valuation Review Team
• Provide detailed market commentary and analysis to verify adequacy of P&L movements and consistency with Desk strategy.
• Reviewing and analysing new trades, understanding the structure, associated risks and the P&L generated on them.
• Push through enhancements, use effective escalation on recurring issues to help reduce the burden on PC, ensure focus on core controls.
• Support standardization project to underlying Product Control’s P&L working files for efficiency and consistency across multiple P&L’s to enable effective cross-training and consistent controls in detailed working files
• Working on ad-hoc projects relating to improvements of system infrastructure.
• Extend product and technical knowledge.
• Deepen knowledge and understanding of P&L attribution, potential to become a subject-matter expert.
• Develop supervisory/leadership skills
• Understand trading strategies and P&L generation
• Opportunity to focus on added value work.
Knowledge and Experience:
• 4-6 years of experience in similar role
• Good financial/accounting knowledge
• Good understanding of Capital Markets.
• Supervisory experience is advantageous
• Excellent spoken and written English
• Strong mathematical or analytical background
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral. Good interpersonal skills. Ability to work well within a team environment.
• Able to “hit the ground running” with enthusiasm. Keen attention to detail and the ability to meet reporting and project deadlines.
• A self-starter who proactively seeks to improve existing controls and streamline processes both from a tactical short term viewpoint, and also from a strategic long term perspective, and implement these initiatives to completion.
• Strong PC skills in Excel, Word, and Access. Training will be provided on other systems used within this position such as S2, Oasys etc.
• A desire to learn.
• University/College degree in Finance/Accounting
• Control focus
• Willing to challenge the status quo
• Pro-active, able to manage time, people and issues
• Ability to interpret and analyse financial information
• Able to perform effectively within a time pressurised environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills - able to deal with a range of senior/junior staff across a number of departments of the Corporate Investment Bank.
• Theoretical knowledge of financial products
• Demonstrable evidence of drive and commitment to process improvement.
• Candidate will be expected to demonstrate strong leadership abilities and decision making skills.