Citi Quantitative Developer (Tech) in Budapest, Hungary
Primary Location: Hungary,Budapest,Budapest
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Trading
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job ID: 17056010
The role will be to join the Quantitative Developer team in Budapest and work alongside the global teams to help meet the current and projected demands from the business.
Markets Quantitative Analysis Department (MQ)A is a division of the Global Markets business and has responsibility for providing the analytical models which are used for pricing securities and risk managing the Firm’s positions throughout the Markets’ businesses. The scope of this work extends from the research into the mathematical derivation of the model, through the coding, testing, and documentation of the model for formal validation and approval, and finally to delivering the model both to the desktop and to Technology for incorporation into the Firm’s books and records systems. MQA’s responsibilities span the G10 Rates, Local Markets, Credit, Commodities, FX, Equity, Equity Hybrids and Mortgage/Securitised markets businesses.
MQA Budapest is an integral part of the global structure of the department and plays a key role in the development of the core tools, processes and analytics.
The role will involve tasks such as:
• Development and maintenance of the in-house C++ pricing libraries
• Advancing the quantitative toolbox by developing new technologies, algorithms and numerical techniques
• Development and maintenance of multi-threaded servers for delivering data to users
• Work on general efficiency improvement and optimization of the analytical library
• Work on Regulatory and Governance based projects across a range of the asset classes
• Work with IT teams to integrate analytic libraries
Extensive training will be given to the candidate both onsite in Budapest and offsite in London and/or New York. The candidate will have daily contacts with supervisor(s) and will receive interactive training from various members of the Global team, including introduction and intermediary financial courses as well as Business training. The candidate will also participate to the team weekly meetings across regions.
The work will involve daily contact with the teams in London and/or New York and offers an excellent environment in which to work alongside top professionals across these disciplines to get a broad understanding of the Markets business. Extensive training will be given and it is expected that some of this will require some travel to London for a few days at a time for the first 3-6 months as a minimum.
Knowledge and Experience:
• 2-3 years relevant experience in a Quantitative Developer role
• Good command of programming using C++, Python
• Proven track record of development and support analytics library such as Rates, Credit, Equities, Commodities as advantage
• Previous experience working on Regulatory based projects such as Model Risk, Basel III, Stress Testing, CCAR, PAA an advantage
• Outstanding C++ knowledge
• Familiarity with Windows and Linux development
• Ability to implement industry best practice
• BSc / MSc in Software Engineering or Computer Science
• Excellent verbal and written English
• Ability to take ownership and proactively follow up on issues
• Ability to work in a team and to work well under pressure in a Front-Office environment