Citi Senior Financial Analyst - Risk and Control in Budapest, Hungary
Primary Location: Hungary,Budapest,Budapest
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Finance
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 17042119
• To ensure that key controls around local regulatory reporting are in place and working effectively and any control weaknesses are appropriately addressed and escalated.
• To support regional tasks related to controls on local regulatory reporting.
• To assess current control environment along with design and implement effective internal financial control framework over Regulatory Reporting Processes managed from the CSC.
The EMEA Regulatory Reporting Centre of Excellence (CSC) was established in Budapest in 2008, with the aim of centralising certain aspects of local regulatory reporting processes across EMEA countries.
Unit’s key responsibilities are:
• establishing and enforcing standard controls across CSC countries
• supporting the individual CSC teams perform controls that require special expertise
co-ordinating controls-related projects that span multiple countries and teams, or which require special expertise
• Identify and evaluate design and operating control deficiencies; and ensure that control issues are escalated to appropriate level.
• Establishing and enforcing standard control framework across CSC countries.
• Supporting the individual CSC teams perform controls that require special expertise.
• Co-ordinating controls and standardization related projects that span multiple countries and teams, or which require special expertise.
• Review the regulatory reporting control environment of any new countries whose processes are being migrated to the CSC and come up with recommendations before, during and after process migrations
• Being a trusted advisor for CFOs, Country Controllers, cluster Reporting Leads in the region, providing guidance and best practices
• Complete all tasks – having connection with the organization’s activity but not detailed in the JDs – charged by the manager or superior
• The opportunity to work with a large number of people from different countries, backgrounds, functions and levels of seniority
• Gaining knowledge on financial controls
Knowledge and Experience:
• Experience in financial reporting/ auditing/ accounting/internal control roles
• Some prior experience in a statistical and/or regulatory reporting role would be an advantage
• MS Office knowledge
• Advanced / Fluent English knowledge
• Strong control mind-set
• Strong planning & organisational skills
• Excellent analytical skills
• Should be creative, proactive and flexible.
• Strong communication skills- written and oral
• Has to have excellent ability to pay attention to details and work under pressure.
• University/College degree in Accounting/Finance
• 4-6 years of work experience in financial reporting / auditing roles
• Highly motivated with advanced analytical & problem solving abilities
• Ability to interpret & implement regulatory guidelines & professional standards
• Demonstrated ability to complete tasks within tight deadlines
• Enthusiastic team player
• Professional communication & interpersonal skills