Eaton Corporation Senior Financial Planning and Reporting Analyst in Budapest, Hungary
Eaton EMAE BSC has an opening for a:
Senior Financial Planning and Reporting Analyst
Location: Hungary, Budapest
Eaton’s goal is to grow in EMEA. If you want to be part of a start-up organization - with opportunity to develop an Eaton career in Budapest and beyond; have a professional, problem solving mindset to adapt and drive improvements in process, tools, and organization; and a focus on taking care of customers – please apply.
As a Senior Financial Planning and Reporting Analyst you will be responsible for supporting the Financial Planning & Analysis function in Budapest Centre and being a business partner to other functions in the organization. The position is based in Budapest, Hungary and requires strong financial and analytical skills, including but not limited to review and analysis of financial information, monthly financial reviews and forecasts, annual budget preparation, balance sheet account management, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and the assistance in supporting and creating processes and procedures to increase the efficiency and value of the overall Budapest FP&A team
· Lead on building effective internal relationships with stakeholders to support the business partnering model, offer timely solutions to stakeholder feedback.
· Analyze, interpret and communicate financial data into meaningful business insight for stakeholders, including contextual visualization of business narratives
· Preparation and analysis of financial data relating to rolling forecasts, profit plans, operating reviews, strategic plan, monthly results and ad-hoc requests.
· Acquire & maintain complete understanding of the Eaton financial analysis tools including Khalix /ENCORE/Oracle both individually and at team level
· On time delivery of all assigned activities such as Management reporting packs, financial analysis, interpretation of variances from budgets, and advice to management.
· Ensure documentation on FP&A processes and procedures is maintained to a high standard
· Participate in the preparation of profit planning and forecasting with stakeholders including coordinating stakeholder calls/meetings.
· Ensures adherence to standard accounting principles and practices under both local and US GAAP. Ensure adherence to internal controls and compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley and audit requirements. Ensure compliance with Eaton policies.
· Support co-ordination of the monthly closing and rolling forecast processes. Analyze operational and financial data, investigate variances, identify business drivers, and evaluate their impact on planned objectives. Document meaningful variance analysis commentary for management, support more junior members
· Support the FP&A Team Leader with the migration and integration of FP&A activities into Budapest Service Center
· Significant experience with business operations and FP&A within a multinational (manufacturing) company.
· Strong written and presentation skills and must be able to effectively work in a cross-functional team environment.
· Minimum of 5 years proven track record working in an FP&A function.
· Agility to quickly tailor FP&A reporting/analytics to supporting business/stakeholder changes.
· Strict attention to detail and deadline orientated
· Ability to operate at a senior level in collaboration with diverse internal and external executives; used to operate, negotiate and influence effectively in an international organization
· Ability to serve as a role model to junior financial analysts and provide coaching/guidance to support development
· Strong cross/multi-cultural background and experience; sensitive to cultural differences
· Solid understanding and experience with US GAAP; exposure to Sarbanes Oxley & IFRS
· Proven track record leading on business improvement initiatives
· Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education
· Proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel & PowerPoint)
· Strong Analytical, Planning and Organizational Skills
· Excellent communication/ interpersonal skill and proven problem solving capability
· Business service center experience an advantage but not essential.
· Fluent in English
As a previous experience the Financial Analyst could have worked as Financial Analyst, Junior Controller, Business Controller.
What Eaton offers:
· Eaton Business System offering various tools for management and people development
· Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
· Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
· Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
· Wellness - Wellness at Eaton is more than a program, it’s about changing the environment by offering the right tools to help empower employees to make that happen
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time