Diageo Senior General Accountant in Budapest, Hungary
Type of Job:
External Job Description:
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company with an outstanding collection of brands, such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness.
Our purpose - Celebrating life, every day, everywhere - has an important role in our company, for our people, our brands, in how we perform and how we create shared value.
Diageo Business Services have been operating in the heart of Budapest for 15 years and provide added value for the company on a global level in the area of Finance, HR, Commercial Support, IT, Treasury and Business Intelligence.
To ensure that the Business Unit (BU) financial and reporting processes are completed accurately and on time and that the surrounding internal control procedures are strictly adhered to
• Provide first line support to the Team Leader on daily tasks, specific issues and projects.
• Carry out timely, accurate and compliant Period End reporting process in Magnitude and SAP for relevant markets/entities for Balance Sheet, Profit & Loss statement, Cash Flow, Intercompany.
• Compliant processing of all journal types including Fixed Assets and ICO loans.
• Compliant GL reconciliation and GLOM maintenance
• Carry out Month End System processes
• Providing funds to other group companies and make the booking entries re these companies in SAP
• Provides first line support to the Team Leader on specific issues/projects and acts as a deputy of the Team Leader.
• Proactively suggests improvements/additional control points to build in and takes an active part in the implementation and in the follow up.
The jobholder may be instructed by his/her immediate superior to perform all tasks directly or indirectly related, additional or supplementary to the scope of duties defined in this role profile.
How to serve:
• University or College degree in Economics/Finance and Accounting
• 1-2 years experience in Accounting and/or Finance
• Good business English, able to communicate effectively
• Results orientated and capable of working in a deadline driven environment.
• Has customer focus to be able to build excellent relationships with relevant internal and external customers
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Hard working personality, flexibility, inquisitiveness, proactivity
• Experience in working with integrated software system is an advantage.
• Audit experience is an advantage.
• International (part) qualification (IAS/UK/US GAAP) is an advantage.
Cherry on top:
• Opportunity to climb up on the career ladder
• We won the Fittest Workplace Award, of course we have a Gym
• Urban legend is true, we do have a Rooftop Bar
• Easy to reach downtown location
• Our unique brands are available in our staff shop
• We live our values and color our lives
External Job Title:
Senior General Accountant