BT Senior Network Delivery Manager - Global Development in Budapest, Hungary
The purpose of the Senior Network Delivery Manager role is to oversee and manage delivery, optimisation and transformation of dynamic infrastructure (network, security and IT systems) capability for Global Networks. These deliveries are driven by the need to meet our global customer requirements by aligning with the BT Global Digital Strategy and global business and cost transformation objectives.
What you’ll be doing:
• Scoping infrastructure delivery to meet customer requirement and optimise business benefits for Global Services.
• Meeting committed finance targets for the deliveries; identifying and progressing opportunities for cost reduction and transformation across TSO’s global infrastructure
• Ensuring the scope of delivery is understood, that the technical solution meets the business need and that plans are comprehensive and are achieved and that all impacted teams understand, engage and commit to deliver plans.
• Grasping opportunities to simplify /transform processes across work areas and teams.
• Owning the delivery of infrastructure projects from business scoping though to in-life
• Ensuring we have sufficient capacity to meet delivery commitments and that solution is operationally viable.
• Confirming affordability of solutions through discussion with stakeholders
• Producing a robust and achievable design and delivery plan and ensure all parties commit to the delivery & costs of the project
• Driving progress against the plan, address issues encountered during all phases of delivery
• Managing risks/issues/defects/finances/status/resources during and post delivery
• Taking ownership of delivery problems, identify what needs to happen and ensure all everybody required is engaged to achieve a timely resolution. Escalate issues where necessary to a speedy resolution
• Managing RAG status and stakeholder expectations of the delivery.`
• Support trial and launch plans, ensure post deployment testing is planned and resourced and handover the delivery to live operations.
• Owning the commitment for resolution of in life issues
• Identifying and implementing changes to improve quality and reduce costs
• Using Root Cause Analysis techniques and take preventative actions
• Managing change control for deliveries, i.e. changes in scope, technical solution or acceptance criteria
• Performing impact analysis for planned and unplanned changes
• Identifying better ways of working and lead and implement those and other changes
• Ensuring changes are fully tested and carried out using defined change control processes
• Using continuous improvement methodologies and be responsible for bringing about changes to effect business and cost transformations
Measures of Success
• Key performance indicators are meeting or exceeding targets for delivering on time, to quality, within the cost envelope and people constraints
We’ll also need to see these on your CV:
• Technical Degree (Engineering or equivalent)
• Experience of technical project/delivery management of infrastructure (networks and IT systems)
• Experience in financial planning, producing business cases and proposals
• Technical knowledge of IP/networking technologies, network security
• Higher degree and/or Chartered Engineer Status
• Technical knowledge of Network Function Virtualisation and Software Defined Networks.
• Fluent English
Job: Network Planning and Design
Title: Senior Network Delivery Manager - Global Development
Requisition ID: 68761
Other Locations: Europe-Hungary-Budapest-Budapest