BT Senior Problem Manager in Budapest, Hungary
Kick-start your international career with one of the world’s leading communication companies!
British Telecom is one of the world’s leading providers of communications solutions and services operating in 170 countries. Its activities include the provision of networked IT services globally. The Regional Operations Centre of BT is looking for colleagues as Senior Problem Manager to our office in Budapest.
Purpose of Role
• Ensure positive perception of the problem management process
• Continuously improve our capability on problem management provided to our customer
• Perform the management of both reactive root-cause analysis (RCA) and proactive trend analysis
• Communicate and coordinate with concerned parties through the Problem Management process
• Prevent re-occurrence of Incidents and minimize the impact of incidents that cannot be prevented
• Overlook the Known-error database
• Ensure and monitor that appropriate action is taken to anticipate, investigate and resolve problems in systems and services
• Maintain problem and task records to ensure that such problems are fully documented within the relevant reporting system(s).
• Coordinate with the internal Subject Matter Expert (SME) teams to guarantee assigned resources to work on Problems.
• Make and drive root cause investigations, problem investigations, Managing RCA between technical teams
• Follow up with appropriate SMEs to complete both corrective and improvement actions defined during RCA.
• Analysis and reporting of incident trend data to identify and eliminate root causes.
• Review problems in conjunction with service level agreements to identify any issues and their impacts; specifies any required changes.
• Support development and monitor implementation progress on permanent solutions
• May involve liaising with internal, external and third party suppliers.
• Maintain known error database updating with relevant solutions
• Production of statistics and reports to demonstrate performance of the Problem Management process.
• Ensure that agreed service levels are measured and monitored on an ongoing basis
• Contribute to the development and implementation/improvement of policies and procedures.
• Provide proactive activities in cooperation with other processes or functions (event, capacity, operations, design, transition)
• Follows ITIL framework
• Raise risks and provide structured recommendations
• Support the development of mitigations and contingency plans
• Challenging non-fact based decisions
Required Experiences and Skills
Minimum bachelor degree
Have 3 years’ strong experience in IT Service Management/Operational environment( Issue / Incident / Vulnerability / Problem management)
Excellent, high level of business English (both verbal and written)
ITIL V3 Foundation certificate
ITIL V3 OSA - Operational Support and Analysis Capability certificate
COBIT certificate (not required but a plus)
Provides great customer experience and support
Excellent on manage parallel work streams
Expert on making presentations and present this to wider audience.
Excellent communication and Customer care
Willingness to handle difficult situations
Act properly and consequently in stressed situations
Desire for learning and knowledge sharing
Committed for strong documentation
Confident Windows and MS Office user
• Affinity to technology and processes
• Understanding of network, voice IT products is a plus
• Enthusiastic and pro-active personality
• Good understanding of procedures and application of procedures and concepts within own subject area (and understanding them in the context of the business).
• Adapts information/style to the audience, explaining difficult issues clearly, to establish consensus and gain agreement.
• Experienced and competent in own area.
• Good understanding and practice of Problem Solving techniques (5 Whys, Fishbone, Kepner-Tregoe, etc.).
• Network (LAN, WAN, Wireless, IPT, etc.) end user support (not required but a plus).
• Experience with the most common ITSM tools available in the market (BMC, Service Now, CA, HP)
• Shares own expertise with others.
• Provide guidance and support to others. Completes own role independently or with minimal supervision/guidance.
• Applies knowledge/skills to a range of standard and non-standard activities. Interprets client needs, assessing the full requirements.
• Identifies solutions to non-standard tasks/queries.
• Awareness of internal/external business issues and best practice in own discipline which is then applied to own role.
• Creates informal networks with key contacts within own area.
Motivation letters are more than welcomed!
What we offer
• Supportive corporate culture
• Inspiring working teams
• Competitive salary and benefit package
• Professional development programs, trainings and educational support
• Employee and Family Friendly Workplace
• Private health insurance package
Why you should join BT?
You’ll play a vital part in making technology and communications accessible on an unparalleled scale. You’ll be challenged to tackle new problems. Always on the lookout for ways to improve things and make life easier for our customers.
Making a better world, together
Our products and services are essential to the fabric of today’s society. We underpin everything from global trade and industry to economic growth and social infrastructure. Our technology gives people the power and freedom to create possibilities – reaching further, aiming higher, and making their voices heard.
Job: IT, Systems and Security
Title: Senior Problem Manager
Requisition ID: 69657