SAP Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) - SAP Hybris Cloud Operations Job in Budapest, Hungary
Requisition ID: 150947
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
SAP Hybris helps businesses on every continent sell more goods, services and digital content through every touch point, channel and device.Join a team that promotes an empowered culture, allowing all employees the ability to contribute and to make a difference. We value people that do what it takes to deliver superior results to our customers. We embrace innovative technology and new ideas. At SAP Hybris you will find a challenging work environment with smart, dynamic colleagues and abundant opportunities to demonstrate your abilities and learn new skills. Currently we are building the Cloud Operations organization for SAP Hybris in Budapest - be one of the first in our location to contribute to that.
The cloud delivery organization is seeking a committed Site Reliability Engineer. The candidate will be responsible for effective and efficient deployment, delivery, testing, and support of custom built automation solutions. This includes regular global deployments and hot fixes and ensuring the 24x7 availability across all the infrastructures where SAP Hybris cloud products are delivered. Working closely with product development and service engineering, the candidate will help define and continuously evolve the SAP Hybris operational practices.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
• Act as technical lead to intermediate and junior team members and help train the team
• Automate the deployment of the assigned SAP Hybris cloud services across all the relevant infrastructures (private and public cloud) to support bi-weekly delivery at scale
• Perform testing, document and report issues and bugs
• Collaborate with engineering and product management as well as other service groups
• Improve system landscape support in the assigned functional areas of responsibility
• Independent assurance of effective system operations along the software lifecycle
• Provide knowledge management in the team and between operations and development
• Ensure excellent quality and maintain high standards in all processes listed in the relevant process map
• Perform application and web site troubleshooting to quickly resolve the issues per documented procedures
• Escalate issues as needed to product development or service engineering team per documented procedures, while at the same time establishing a contingency plan to eliminate any intermittent service disruption.
• Document root cause analysis reports and develop standard operating procedures
• Ensure smooth hand offs between shifts
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Fluency in English – verbal and written
• Strong understanding of Linux systems fundamentals and system management tasks
• Advanced knowledge in web servers, application servers and middleware tools
• Strong understanding of network concepts, TCP/IP stack and common Internet protocols
• Strong troubleshooting skills, willingness to continuously learn new technologies and methodologies
• Effective team player to be able to work closely with peers and remote teams
• This role is contingent on the successful completion of a background check
• 6-10 years of experience working within a Unix/Linux environment
• Hands-on deep technical experience of managing large virtualized or containerized landscapes/environments in a production setting
• Exposure to security aspects, firewall, IDS, WAF, various certifications and standards
• Experience working in a 24 x 7 cloud operations environment
• Prior experience working with Java/J2EE applications
• Prior experience working with public IaaS providers is an asset
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: Careers@sap.com ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.