SAP Senior Systems - Infrastructure Administrator - Linux Job in Budapest, Hungary
Requisition ID: 142601
Work Area: Software-Development Operations
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
SAP Hybris helps businesses on every continent sell more goods, services and digital content through every touch point, channel and device.Join a team that promotes an empowered culture, allowing all employees the ability to contribute and to make a difference. We value people that do what it takes to deliver superior results to our customers. We embrace innovative technology and new ideas. At SAP Hybris you will find a challenging work environment with smart, dynamic colleagues and abundant opportunities to demonstrate your abilities and learn new skills. Currently we are building the Cloud Operations organization for SAP Hybris in Budapest - be one of the first in our location to contribute to that.
A Day in the Life of a Systems/Infrastructure Admin Linux:
Supports, monitors, tests, and troubleshoots all hardware and software related to Linux environment. Works with outside vendors as well as internal engineering team to deliver new systems and services as well as ensure system uptime is within the defined SLA for all systems.
• Effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
• Developing and execute testing plans to ensure configuration changes, software upgrades, and patches are thoroughly tested and documented in the test environment before being implemented in production.
• Building and maintain test, development, QA, and production environments to support the application life cycle.
• Providing guidance for security best practices as they relate to Red Hat Linux and CentOS.
• Developing and executing plans for monitoring of all systems and applications in the production environment to ensure optimum system performance and availability.
• Performing regular monitoring and evaluate the Linux environment to ensure system capacity is in line with the corporate demand for services.
• Participating in the successful transition of services to support staff.
• Researching and reporting industry trends in applications, security, and system maintenance to ensure the system is meeting standards for performance, functionality, security, and reliability.
• Providing training for support staff to ensure proper maintenance of Linux systems.
• Serving as the escalation point for 24x7 support.
Working in standard working hours with rotational oncall (senior Candidates) or 24/7 shift rotation (intermediate Candidates)
• Bachelor’s degree in related field is preferable.
• Red Hat Certified Technician or Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator preferred
• A minimum of Five years’ experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux is required
• A minimum of Five years’ experience with VM Ware and it’s derivatives (VSAN, NSX, VRealize)
• Experience with the design, planning, implementation, and maintenance of Red Hat Enterprise / Cent Os Linux Servers is required.
• Experience with Apache, Tomcat, MySQL, Perl Scripting, Required.
• Experience with Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery are required.
• Experience with clustering is required.
• Experience with Hana and Oracle are preferred.
• Experience with CentOS is a plus.
• Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures as they relate to building high performance business-critical enterprise systems
• Working knowledge of security best practices
• Excellent troubleshooting and technical documentation skills
• Red Hat Linux subject matter expert
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: Careers@sap.com ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.