SAP Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Manager - SAP Hybris Cloud Services Job in Budapest, Hungary
Requisition ID: 147625
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 30%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The cloud delivery organization behind SAP’s “Beyond CRM” strategy is seeking a committed Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Manager, that is looking forward to tackle the challenges of rapid growth and success in the space of Customer Engagement & Commerce. Concretely, the candidate will be responsible for managing and developing a team of operations engineers, who are responsible for the SAP Hybris cloud products. The team is monitoring, managing regular global deployments and ensuring the 24x7 availability across all the infrastructures where SAP Hybris cloud products are delivered. Working closely with product development and service engineering, the candidate will define and continuously evolve the SAP Hybris operational practices. The role reports to the Sr Director of Cloud Services Engineering and Delivery, SAP Customer Engagement and Commerce.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
The role will include the following responsibilities:
• Set-up and manage a group of highly motivated and highly skilled operations engineers (SREs) in a devops approach
• Identify and hire strong candidates for the SRE jobs
• Provide leadership for a team of engineers who own the reliability goals of uptime, scalability and performance.
• 50% hands on is a must
• Guide/Mentor team members in troubleshooting application/web/system related issues.
• Support career development of your team through active coaching, mentoring and aligning opportunities with skillsets.
• Drive excellence for reliability through maintenance of SLAs, efficient process, automation development, engineering reliability back into applications and maximizing performance.
• Proactively monitor availability and performance of the SAP Hybris cloud products using the required toolset
• Effectively respond to Monitoring alerts, incident tickets, email requests or other channels coming in to Site Reliability Engineering team
• Perform application and web site troubleshooting to quickly resolve the issues per documented procedures
• Escalate issues as needed to product development or service engineering team per documented procedures, while at the same time establishing a contingency plan to eliminate any intermittent service disruption.
• Handling communication and providing transparency on major site issues to the executive management team and rest of the SAP Hybris organization
• Document root cause analysis reports and develop standard operating procedures
• Ensure smooth hand offs between shifts
• Maintain the relationship with any relevant service providers (internal or external), keeping them accountable to the agreed SLAs
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Fluency in English – verbal and written
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical experience
• Exceptional skills as multiplier to sustain a fast-paced environment.
• Good understanding of Unix systems fundamentals and system management tasks
• Strong understanding of network concepts, TCP/IP stack and common Internet protocols
• Attention to detail and accuracy and ability to spot long term trends in a production enterprise environment
• Outstanding interpersonal, analytical, and communication skills
• Must be reliable and dependable with ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Effective team player to be able to work closely with peers and other operations or engineering team
• This role is contingent on the successful completion of a background check
• 3 year’s experience managing a technical team of at least 10 people
• 5 years of experience working within a Unix/Linux environment
• Hands-on technical experience combined with strong management and communication skills.
• Experience working in a 24 x 7 cloud operations environment
• Prior experience working with Java/J2EE applications
• Prior experience working with private and public IaaS providers is an advantage
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: Careers@sap.com ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.