Citi SQL / Reports Developer in Budapest, Hungary
Primary Location: Hungary,Budapest,Budapest
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Technology
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 17042211
Responsible for supporting business clients with reporting solutions through COGNOS and Oracle SQL Reporting platforms. This position requires excellent troubleshooting skills, with a good understanding of database applications and architecture. The qualified candidate will have high proficiency analyzing data, creating pipelines, creating interactive data visualizations, developing complex SQL queries, participating in data governance, and providing data support to the organization. The candidate will collaborate with business clients to extract and collect data by developing customized reports from databases. Design and lead reporting projects and provide estimates for development timelines.
This position requires the individual to operate within a team environment and work closely with other groups within the business and throughout Information Security Organization.
• Develop and maintain reports for using COGNOS, Oracle SQL Reporting Services and other in-house proprietary solutions.
• Create custom reports from databases to extract and collect data using complicated SQL Code with complex joins.
• Ability to work with large volumes of data and present results in a clean, concise format understood by end users.
• Ability to explain complex concepts in simple terms for end users.
• Develop, document and implement best practices for users of applications including the creation of relevant reports.
• Provide support by collecting and analyzing data and reporting results; work closely with users and management to establish requirements for new systems, reports or modifications and to ensure proper testing and validation of completed reports.
• Responsible for timely implementation of data requests and provide a high level of service to all internal and external customers.
• Repair and update existing reports as needed due to reported bugs or developmental changes
• Work with technical staff to understand and anticipate problems and collaborate to resolve any issues.
• Respond to suggestions for improvements and enhancements
This role will provide opportunities to deepen the knowledge of the special characteristics of a supporting team within a multinational company. This role also provides opportunity to develop the individual’s network, network connectivity skills, to plan and get prepared for the upcoming milestones which effect the team’s daily operation.
Knowledge and Experience:
• 2-3 years’ generating SQL statements (including Oracle and SQL Server dialects)
• Knowledge in external reporting tools such as COGNOS, Business Objects
• Advanced Excel skills
• General understanding of software development process
• Problem Solving - able to assess situations and make decisions in a systematic and decisive manner
• Able to set priorities and work under pressure
• Able to work clients through documented solutions with step by step instructions
• Strong desire to push projects to end result
• Excellent customer service orientation
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience is a must
• Fluency in English
• Resourceful, self-motivated and deadline-oriented Excellent communication skills, including strong writing and editing practices
• Ability to work independently
• A passion for technology
• Always looking to learn more, improve, and apply the best technology for the solution