General Electric Staff Data & Information Architect in Budapest, Hungary
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Additional introduction... It is not about your career... it is not about your job title... it is about who you are.... It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters... do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company. GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles -people like you!
The Staff Data & Information Architect will be responsible for delivering business solutions across multiple business processes by leveraging the Finance IT Data and Analytic platforms and services; and applying strong ERP Finance knowledge and formal data architecture and management principles.
You will collaborate with multiple stakeholders, including business subject-matter-experts, infrastructure partners and analytics developers to ingest and model data, and provide consistent, clean and accurate enterprise data across GE.
• Drive innovative and creative solutions to decommission traditional warehouses and drive cutting-edge analytics from the Data Lake
• Deliver business solutions across multiple business processes by leveraging the Finance IT Data and Analytic platforms and services
• Drive the overall mapping of Business ERPs with the centralized standard data model and ensure extensibility of overall data architecture
• Develop and maintain an integrated data architecture spanning the relational and Big Data landscape, representing the multitude of GE Finance IT functional areas and key business processes including AP, AR, GL, Cash, Order Management, Project Accounting etc.
• Drive the development of data services and maintain the data architectural artifacts, such as the Conceptual Model, Logical Data Model, and Physical Data Models as applicable
• Works on highly complex projects that require in depth knowledge within or across technical domains: technical, solutions, business or information
• Participates in the data domain technical and business discussions relative to future architect direction
• Assists in the analysis, design and development of a roadmap, design pattern, and implementation based upon a current vs. future state in a cohesive architecture viewpoint.
• Gathers and analyzes data and develops architectural requirements at project level
• Participates in the data governance business-wide and ensure that all measures for data quality, data governance, security and compliance of data are adhered to
• Performs research and evaluation of emerging data technology, industry and market trends to assist in project development and/or operational support activities
• Analyze, design and develop a roadmap and implementation plan based upon a current vs. future state in a cohesive architecture environment
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Finance, Management or Engineering or equivalent
• Strong experience as a techno-functional professional with a background in Finance
• Experience in enterprise environment with data management and / or analytics responsibilities
• Proven hands-on experience with Functional /Conceptual modeling; Data and Process modeling in an Oracle/Greenplum Big Data environment
• Strong understanding of Big Data / Hadoop, RDBMS, Data Warehousing, Analytics, Business Intelligence, Data Integration (ETL, EAI), and Data Replication
• Experience with Cloud Computing
• Demonstrated ability to lead and work in a matrix organization structure
• Proven analytical and problem resolution skills, excellent communication skills
• Previous experience with Oracle/SAP ERP implementations
• Strong balance between commitment to principles and flexibility / practicality in a delivery setting
• Demonstrated oral and written communication skills and ability to work cross functionally.
Locations: Hungary; Budapest
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.