BlackRock Test Engineer - Aladdin Quality Engineering in Budapest, Hungary
BlackRock , the world's largest asset manager but also one of the largest financial technology provider (SaaS), was founded in 1988 by eight entrepreneurs who wanted to start a very different company: one that combined the best of financial services with cutting edge technology. One that focused many diverse views on a shared vision.
A diverse bunch of people who like to analyse, reinvent and enhance how we work… all in the pursuit of a better experience for colleagues and clients.
We have arrived in Hungary with the same goal in mind. Join us and become a founder of our new global technology and innovation hub in the heart of Budapest.
Blackrock Aladdin Product Group ( APG ) is seeking test engineers interested in designing and implementing innovative software testing solutions to support software development lifecycle of critical Aladdin applications.
We are looking for engineers who are passionate about developing robust test automation to increase reliability of software releases and are motivated to instill (or drive adoption of) best practices in code health, testing and maintainability across the firm.
This role will be responsible for all aspects of testing core Aladdin applications and ensuring compatibility with global testing standards while driving innovation in test automation strategy and methodology.
The candidate will work as part of the global testing team supporting quality engineering activities on the Aladdin platform and will have the opportunity to work on new product capabilities and collaborate with multiple development teams across the Aladdin Product Group.
• Develop test strategy by reviewing functional requirements and design specifications.
• Develop and execute test cases to fully exercise functionality developed as part of new release, defect remediation and application enhancements.
• Evaluate, document and report test results and defect status.
• Develop, own and maintain test suites for critical Aladdin applications.
• Apply expertise in Java, Python, Robot, Selenium or other test frameworks to design, develop and maintain automated test scripts.
• Interface and liaise with global testing, development and business teams.
• Effectively communicate testing metrics, progress, schedules and issues impacting delivery.
• 3 years of industry experience in software quality assurance. Financial sector preferred.
• Experience with test management and defect tracking systems (ALM, JIRA etc.)
• Experience with Selenium, Robot, TestNG, SoapUI or other test frameworks.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills, ability to think creatively.
• Experience with Java-based applications and Web services (REST, SOAP etc.)
• Experience troubleshooting applications running on Unix/Linux platforms.
• Familiar with software versioning system like subversion or Git.
• SQL skills and exposure to relational databases like Sybase.
• Experience following SDLC and working with global project teams.
• Strong teamwork and time management abilities.
• Exposure to Unit testing concepts (Junit, Karma JS)
• Experience with continuous Integration and associated tools and processes (Jenkins, Maven, Hudson, SonarQube)
• Experience testing SOAP/REST based API interfaces
• Knowledge of Behavior driven development (BDD)
• Experience with performance testing utilizing JMeter
• BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
The speed of a start-up. The scale of the largest asset manager. The role of a lifetime.
Job Function: Technology
Organization: APG-Core Platform
Title: Test Engineer - Aladdin Quality Engineering
Primary Location: EMEA-Hungary-Budapest
Requisition ID: 172033
Job Posting: Jul 30, 2017, 12:06:30 PM
FutureAdvisor is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.