BlackRock Translator for the German Speaking Desk in Budapest, Hungary
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary, and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a wide range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
At BlackRock we are building something great in Budapest, our new global technology and innovation hub, where we want to shape a culture in which challenge, development and innovation happen every day. Our mission as an organsaiton is to create a better financial future for our clients and BlackRock Budapest will enable this through a relentless drive to make ourselves and our communities better. We are a diverse bunch of people who like to analyse, reinvent, and enhance how we work, and all in the pursuit of a better experience for our colleagues and clients. We offer. The excitement to be a founder in a start-up with the security of a global, leading organization, where you will find innovation and inclusion are our competitive advantages. There are limitless problems to solve and opportunities for learning and development, alongside a team of clever and caring colleagues. Our culture is one of respect, challenge and stretch and we expect and value feedback. We believe that people reach their best potential when the different facets of their home, work and community are all cared about. We will have a fun, fast-paced work environment located in cutting edge facilities with competitive and innovative benefits and the ability to define your role, pursue your aspirations and shape your future within Hungary and beyond.
The Budapest-based German-speaking support desk (DACH Desk) will be responsible to support various BlackRock business units and functions in Switzerland, Germany and Austria (DACH Region) in areas like presentations, administration, translation services, reporting and digital services. It will work in close partnership with the regional teams, supporting ongoing tasks and know-how but also continuously improving processes to achieve optimal efficiency.
The translation team takes responsibility for servicing of client relationships in close cooperation with the sales team, ensuring the consistent delivery of a high quality and seamless service, connecting clients to the full range of solutions BlackRock offers.
The position will have the following responsibilities:
• Take ownership and accountability of translations of various documents, presentations, memos, etc. (Related to Investments, Clients, internal)
• Translations between English and German language
• Producing high-quality output and meet both internal and client timing demands
• Improve processes and data quality / delivery
• Ensuring quality and integrity of translations on an on-going basis
• Performing four-eye-control as part of due diligence
• Completing the internal compliance processes for translated items
• Support the creation and automation of product presentations taking place within the team and the wider DACH Desk
• Support the creation and automation of reportings taking place within the wider DACH Desk
• Being involved in the workflow within the DACH Desk around receiving tasks, producing output, quality assurance and distribution of the output, like product presentations, factsheets, reportings, fund management commentaries and legal documents from and to (internal) clients
We are looking for people who are:
• Curious: You like to learn new things and have a healthy disrespect for status quo
• Brave: You are happiest outside your comfort zone
• Passionate: You feel personal ownership for the work you do and an aspiration to be better
• Open: You value and respect input from other
• Experimental: You make mistakes, but learn from them
• Geeky: You want to outsmart the problem.
You should have:
• Fluency in German and English, ideally native German skills or bi-lingual skills including German
• Experience and understanding of client-oriented writing with having a sense for the right tone
• Having a sense for political correctness (e.g.: text for official institutions)
• Ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments with a high degree of accuracy, and to meet deadlines in a high pressure environment
• Experience in financial services is advantageous, ideally asset management with knowledge of investment philosophies and processes, product lines, organisational and administrative structures
• Interest in the financial services industry and various asset classes: from multi-manager funds to active and passive equity and FI strategies, hedge funds, private equity and private debt, infrastructure and risk management, etc. as well as product lines such as mutual funds, ETFs, German Spezialfonds and advisory resp. fiduciary management and middle and back office issues
• Sound understanding of economics and geo-political developments
• Flexibility and good understanding for working virtually in a global network with a great variety of different cultures
• Team spirit
Job Function: Marketing/Communications
Organization: EMEA Executive
Title: Translator for the German Speaking Desk
Primary Location: EMEA-Hungary-Budapest
Requisition ID: 172113
Job Posting: Jul 31, 2017, 8:11:16 AM