Citi Valuation Control Analyst – Equity in Budapest, Hungary
Primary Location: Hungary,Budapest,Budapest
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Finance
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 17055955
The Valuation Control Group (VCG) is an independent group of subject matter experts in Product Control within the Finance Division.
VCG is organized along business lines and clients of the group include Desk Heads, Line Product Control, Market Risk, Model Validation, Compliance, Legal Department, Middle Office, Internal Audit, external audit firms, and regulatory bodies in countries impacted by Citi’s footprint. VCG collaborates closely with its client base to ensure complete understanding of business valuation issues and accurate execution of valuation policies.
The role is part of the Valuation Control Group (VCG) team in Budapest.
VCG’s primary responsibility is to reasonably ensure that risk portfolios are fairly valued in accordance with applicable standards and regulatory requirements. VCG works with trading and quantitative groups to fully understand the impact of valuation uncertainty on the desk’s level of pricing and any accompanying fair value adjustments. The team also participates in the approval of new products, where appropriate.
• Performing valuation control processes across Equity businesses in EMEA, including price testing and valuation adjustment calculations, reporting and analysis
• Addressing valuation issues across a wide range of Equity products (vanilla and complex products)
• Designing and implementing valuation adjustments and price testing methodologies
• Ensuring particular attention is given to the design of controls
• Identifying pricing issues that may require special attention with a critical analysis of the risks involved
• Completing all tasks – having connection with the organization’s activity but not detailed in the job description – charged by the manager, supervisor, or functional head
• Exposure to a number of different cash and derivative products
• In-depth understanding of pricing and price verification approaches for various derivative products
• Understanding accounting standards relating to fair value reporting for derivatives
• Understanding the regulatory impact on valuation and pricing
• Developing a control focused mind-set with strong process improvement capabilities
Knowledge and Experience
• 2-3 years’ experience in a Valuation, Risk, or Product Control related function
• Strong financial product knowledge
• Knowledge of modern derivative pricing methodologies and hedging practices
• Strong computer literacy with special regards to Microsoft Excel
• Experience with Equity products and derivatives is a plus
• Knowledge of Microsoft Acces, VBA ,or SQL is a plus
• Ability to apply theoretical knowledge in a practical environment
• Ability to interpret and analyse large volume and at times complex information
• Attention to detail and strong process improvement capabilities
• Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to discuss and explain pricing concepts
• Higher degree in economics, finance, mathematics, or a similar relevant discipline
• Exceptional candidates who do not meet the above criterion may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
• Desire to learn and develop continuously
• Ability to manage time and work priorities efficiently and effectively
• Ability to perform effectively within a time pressurised environment
• Working successfully in teams