BlackRock Compliance Surveillance Analyst in Budapest, Hungary
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
At BlackRock we are building something great in Budapest, our new global technology and Innovation hub, where we want to shape a culture in which challenge, development and innovation happen every day. Our mission as an organisation is create a better financial future for our clients and BlackRock Budapest will enable this, through a relentless drive to make ourselves and our communities better. We are a diverse bunch of people who like to analyse, reinvent, and enhance how we work, and all in the pursuit of a better experience for our colleagues and clients. We offer The excitement to be a founder in a start-up with the security of a global, leading organization, where you will find innovation and inclusion are our competitive advantages. There are limitless problems to solve and opportunities for learning and development, alongside a team of clever and caring colleagues. Our culture is one of respect, challenge and stretch and we expect and value feedback. We believe that people reach their best potential when the different facets of their home, work and community are all cared about. We will have a fun, fast paced work environment located in cutting edge facilities, with competitive and innovative benefits, and the ability to define your role, pursue your aspirations and shape your future within Hungary and beyond.
Business Unit Overview
• Blackrock’s Compliance Department protects Blackrock from regulatory and reputational risk while providing client focused advice. This group understands challenges and advises on the impact of regulation in for our businesses, with the objective of:
• actively participating in business decisions to champion our clients’ interests and assist the business to translate Compliance into their daily work;
• having client interests at the center of everything we do;
• cultivating and enhancing the compliance culture within BlackRock;
• providing thought leadership on the impact and implementation of regulation; and
• developing and fostering excellence within the Compliance Department.
Background / Job Purpose
BlackRock has adopted a global end-to-end operating model for the creation, review, approval, distribution and recordkeeping of marketing materials. A key component of the global operating framework is the review and approval procedures for marketing materials, which procedures are supported by various technology solutions.
The Global Marketing & Distribution Compliance Analyst will be responsible for (i) monitoring and facilitating compliance with the global operating framework, focusing on compliance with the applicable guidelines and approval procedures of marketing materials, and (ii) assisting the Global Marketing & Distribution Compliance Team with various compliance initiatives relating to the review of marketing materials.
This position will work closely with other members of the Global Marketing & Distribution Compliance Team and will report indirectly to the Global Head of Marketing & Distribution Compliance. This position will be based in Budapest.
• Monitoring compliance with the global operating framework, focusing on the review and approval procedures of marketing materials
• Sample testing of marketing material submissions to determine compliance with the global operating framework, including compliance with the risk classification matrices, the provision of accurate and complete submission details and the implementation of compliance guidance prior to approval
• Generating standard reports and query-based customized reports on the compliance review procedures to determine opportunities for improvement and efficiencies
• Generating standard reports and query-based customized reports for management
• Validating various global marketing compliance metrics, including compliance review metrics
• Acting as the designated compliance “supervisor” for various technology solutions
• Coordinating global and cross-regional compliance reviews of marketing materials
• Conducting compliance reviews of marketing materials
• Assisting in updating global and regional disclaimer, disclosure and distribution guides
• Assisting in various compliance training initiatives relating to marketing and distribution
leading iShares® ETFs.
Qualifications / Skills
• Undergraduate degree
• 2+ years of compliance experience in the financial services industry, preferably related to asset management, marketing and/or distribution regulations
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
• Detail oriented
• Ability to work collaboratively within a team structure and be responsive to business partners
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other system applications
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.