Diageo Costing Junior Manager in Budapest, Hungary
Type of Job:
External Job Description:
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company with an outstanding collection of brands, such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness.
Our purpose - Celebrating life, every day, everywhere - has an important role in our company, for our people, our brands, in how we perform and how we create shared value.
Diageo Business Services have been operating in the heart of Budapest for 15 years and provide added value for the company on a global level in the area of Finance, HR, Commercial Support, IT, Treasury and Business Intelligence.
Effective management of product costing requires great understanding of drivers across the various parts of the business as well as great relationships to the functional and business heads as well. The role directly reports to Global Intercompany Manager, leading a team as well as supporting key stakeholders across the world.
How to serve:
• Managing the team to develop and set standard costs for all responsible SKUs, for both the annual SKU reset and ongoing brand change projects (innovation, renovation etc.) from indicative costings through to final product costing
• Strong finance business partnering with our internal functional stakeholders and technical community on brand change projects to provide indicative costings, evaluate production sources and Capex implications etc. which inform the right cost decision-making and accurate end-product costing.
• Ensure proper variance analyses, recoveries forecasting for both statutory and management costs
• Support sourcing initiatives to ensure that the right Diageo decision is made on optimum production location.
Leading finance business partnering to the Market Engagement team, driving COGS-out opportunities across our SKU portfolio. Ensuring the Financial Director, Supply Director and markets understand the drivers behind year on year movements in COGS.
• Develops costing processes and ensure existing processes documented to align with Diageo's compliance and strategic goals
• Leading a team of 7 Leadership Responsibilities
• Executional Understanding: Knows how to make things happen in immediate environment by using formal and informal channels.
• Driving change: Embraces change and takes ownership for driving initiatives in own area
• Relationship Building: Builds good relationship with colleagues and customers by helping people feel appreciated and involved.
• Coaching Excellence: Has valuable insights about others and is comfortable providing coaching and feedback to help colleagues perform to their best.
• Effective communication: Summarises the fact and delivers the message using different communication styles according to the audience. Aware of impact they have on others.
• Previous experience in people management with a track record of good delivery is an advantage
• Be able to work in a deadline driven environment
• Excellent time management and influencing skills
• University or College degree in Economics or Finance and Accounting
• Experience of working effectively with a large group of stakeholders and building strong relationships.
• Ability to manage Non-Finance stakeholders.
• Prior Costing experience in a commercial environment is beneficial
Cherry on top
• Easy to reach downtown location
• We live our values and colour our lives
• Opportunity to climb up on the career ladder
• We won the Fittest Workplace Award, of course we have a Gym
• Urban legend is true, we do have a Rooftop Bar
• Our unique brands are available in our staff shop
External Job Title:
Costing Junior Manager