Diageo Financial Controller Iberia in Budapest, Hungary
Type of Job:
External Job Description:
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company with an outstanding collection of brands, such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness.
Our purpose - Celebrating life, every day, everywhere - has an important role in our company, for our people, our brands, in how we perform and how we create shared value.
Diageo Business Services have been operating in the heart of Budapest for 15 years and provide added value for the company on a global level in the area of Finance, HR, Commercial Support, IT, Treasury and Business Intelligence.
Provide high quality financial support to Europe and the respective territory.
• As part of this role, to be responsible and accountable for the quality, accuracy, timeliness and financial relevance of the in-country statutory and management information.
• To maintain accurate and complete accounting records and process to support the management and statutory reporting.
• To provide accurate monthly forecasts for Overhead, A&P and Working capital / Cash agenda.
• To manage overhead, A&P and cash planning annual exercise.
• Driving agenda to identify opportunities to deliver Overhead, A&P annual budgets and to improve the Working Capital position in co-operation with Country Commercial Finance team.
• To create and maintain high quality and effective internal control area. Deliver successful internal & external (GAR, KPMG) audits. Ensure RTR processes are SOX/CARM compliant.
• To support the tax manager in case of any tax authority investigation.
• Responsible for daily operational accounting and financial activities including completeness and accuracy.
• Coordinate and participate to the month-end close, reporting and reconciliation process.
• Responsible for compliances and stability of the internal processes.
• Manage, develop and review line reports, creating high performing finance teams across territory and • • Shared Services (supporting other functional virtual team to deliver the output).
• Ensure compliant statutory cycle and tax management
How to serve:
• University or College degree in Finance/Accounting
• Qualified accountant with minimum of 6 – 8 years working and management experience in a multinational corporate environment, with exposure to some of the following areas:
Financial and Management Accounting, Controlling & Reporting processes
Accounting standards (IFRS/ statutory reporting experience & knowledge
Experience on people management / management of big teams
Internal / external audit experience and/or SOX
Experience with Shared services process activities
Project / change management
Business experience and understanding
Senior stakeholder management
• Excellent English is a must
• Spanish Language is an advantage
Cherry on top:
• Opportunity to climb up on the career ladder
• We won the Fittest Workplace Award, of course we have a Gym
• Urban legend is true, we do have a Rooftop Bar
• Easy to reach downtown location
• Our unique brands are available in our staff shop
• We live our values and color our lives
External Job Title:
Financial Controlling Manager