Citi Liquidity Treasury Analyst in Budapest, Hungary
Primary Location: Hungary,Budapest,Budapest
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Finance
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 18017442
To provide analytical support to the senior management in order to meet the existing and new regulatory and internal requirements (e.g. Basel III, CRDIV) through the oversight of the liquidity ratios (ILG, NSFR, LCR, etc). The task includes trend analysis and assessment which can result in suggestions to the relevant decision makers.
Another area of involvement is to ensure that control issues are effectively identified and escalated and that Corporate Treasury remains connected to the Local Regulatory Controllers reporting centralised in Budapest.
Position resides within the EMEA Corporate Treasury Liquidity and Business Analytics Team. The role will be based in Budapest.
Liquidity risk management forms a key part of the control, risk mitigation and corporate governance of the firm. The function oversees the (1) attestation and review of the internal liquidity reporting of the key Citi UK legal vehicles and businesses in Western Europe, (2) attestation and review of the Regulatory Liquidity reporting to the local Regulator, (3) reports these positions and any issues to senior management and makes recommendations as necessary, (4) control checks between internal and regulatory liquidity reporting as well as Regulatory liquidity reporting versus other regulatory reporting.
The department’s work has evolved rapidly, for example, in terms of the liquidity metrics it employs, the way it interacts with the businesses and regulators and how it operates its transfer pricing policies.
• Oversight of the internal and external liquidity ratios produced in Mumbai through daily/weekly/monthly calls
• Encounter, investigate and effectively escalate any potential issues in the liquidity ratios
• Ensure that reconciliation and controls between regulatory and internal reporting for liquidity is documented and understood
• Ensure that reconciliation and controls between Liquidity regulatory and other regulatory reporting is documented and understood
• Assess trends in the ratios and understand the underlying drivers, come up with suggestions regarding possible actions
• Continuously improve the reporting process and support the implementation of new requirements and correction of encountered issues
• Continue to develop reports to maintain the required standard
• Work with the Treasury FRO to Implement new assumptions where appropriate
• Carry out projects to improve processes, implement better controls and investigate specific topics from time to time
• To perform control deep dives across all Corporate Treasury processes, to identify control deficiencies, control best practises and consistency of approach;
• To prepare and establish control guidelines
• To provide support for researching and analysing ALCO topics and produce presentation materials on an ad hoc basis
Liquidity risk management is an area that is receiving intensive focus from senior management and regulators following the onset of the financial crisis. The upcoming change in the PRA/EBA regulatory regime requires a lot of attention and change in the existing reporting environment of all UK regulated financial institutions. The successful candidate will develop a deep understanding of this regime and further regulatory developments which are expected to be announced by other jurisdictions i.e. Basel III, CRDIV. The role will provide the successful candidate with exposure to senior management. The role will also provide opportunities to contribute to the development and strengthening of the firm’s internal and regulatory liquidity reporting and controls. The successful candidate will learn all the key aspects of the liquidity risk management techniques used by the firm and the industry. The successful candidate will also gain knowledge of other Corporate Treasury functions and disciplines. The role will also provide extensive involvement with the businesses and other support functions and give an extensive overview of how the firm operates.
Knowledge and Experience:
4-6 years of Prior Treasury and/or Finance function experience
Expert MS Excel
Proactive, ability to work on own initiative
Numerate, technical and analytical, high attention to detail and ability to handle complex models
Comfortable communicating across teams, meeting objectives in a defined time frame, and delivering results
Ambitious and willing to learn, able to quickly assimilate new information
“Client – Service” mindset
Interest in understanding the back-office activities of the bank that have a direct impact on risk management, pricing decisions and stability of NIM
Able to handle tight deadlines and multitask, ability to work under pressure
Ability to influence and persuade staff at all levels
Ability to interpret data and make reasoned conclusions
Comfortable applying own judgement to make decisions including appropriate escalation of issues
Working to tight deadlines is a must
Strong project skills including planning, analysis and delivery with drive and determination to ensure success
Comfortable working in a team
Ability to be flexible in a fast changing environment
Innovative and creative
Able to process large amounts of information and assimilate it in a meaningful way