SAP MSSQL Database Implementation Engineer Job in Budapest, Hungary
Requisition ID: 179281
Work Area: Information Technology
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Career Level: T3
Recruiter Name: Karolina Dzierzawska
As you know, SAP’s vision is to help the world run better and improve people’s lives.
As THE cloud company powered by SAP HANA®, SAP is a market leader in enterprise application software, helping companies of all sizes and industries Run Simple.
We empower people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. SAP applications and services enable our customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
At SAP, we believe in the power of collaboration and empower our employees to perform at their best in an environment that encourages free and open expression of ideas. Here, you work alongside creative thinkers who share your intets, while turning big ideas into reality for our customers. With innovative job training, mentors to help you grow, and the flexibility to balance your work and personal life, you’re able to build your career. It’s no wonder that some of the sharpest minds from around the world are working for a company that is consistently recognized as a global top employer.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
SAP: Run Simple - The World's Largest Provider of Enterprise Application Software
The majority of SAP’s cloud offerings are in the SaaS (Software as a Service) layer, SAP has complete suites for SME (Small and Middle size) markets such as SAP Business ByDesign and SAP Business One and line of business extensions for large enterprise. Key application areas covered with SaaS solutions include people, money, customers, and suppliers.
Software as a service, sometimes referred to as "on-demand software," is a software delivery model in which software and associated data are centrally hosted on the cloud. SaaS typically is accessed by users via a web browser.
SaaS Cloud Delivery Budapest is a key location responsible for Operating SAP’s SaaS Cloud Products, precisely leading HCM solution, called SuccessFactors. Team needs to ensure the various Productive landscapes are running well for European Customers along with global.
The MSSQL Database Implementation Engineer will be part of the SBD (Service Build and Delivery) Team at Success Factors. The Database Implementation team is in charge of building new databases for new data centers, data center expansions, and database upgrade projects. The MSSQL Database Implementation Engineer must be able to manage multiple simultaneous builds at any given time and can identify and implement new methods to reduce timelines and defects. We use a combination of automation tools and manual installation methods to complete the work.
• building and managing Microsoft MSSQL implementations across all HCM data centers
• must be able to support simultaneous builds for Microsoft MSSQL for version 2008 through 2016
• troubleshooting and resolving installation issues on MSSQL databases which are stand alone and clustered
• using combination of manual and automated tools for building databases
• identifying inefficiencies and working with automation engineers to improve delivery process
• assisting with database backups, patching and monitoring tasks
• BS or MS in Software Engineering or Computer Sciences
• Mid-Level Microsoft SQL Server DBA with over 3 years of experience installing and supporting MSSQL versions 2008 through 2016
• At least 1 years of Experience with Microsoft Clustering required
• Solid understanding of AD, DNS, and DHCP
• Manage simultaneous installations of MSSQL deployments across several data centers at any given time
• Solid experience following ITIL processes and must be able to follow documented process and update internal ticketing system
• Ability and enthusiasm for continuous improvement and the ability to document processes for others
• Must be motivated, and self-starter for researching and resolving technical issues without guidance
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills also in English
• Experience with Linux for supporting MySQL or Oracle nice to have
• Experience with Microsoft Azure and virtualization nice to have
AT SAP YOU CAN
• Deep dive into the technology
• Get to know the World largest business Cloud provider’ portfolio
• Deal with Cutting-Edge Technologies
• Join a highly engaged team
• Share your opinion and improvement ideas because we are listening to you
• Work in a people-oriented, open and friendly community
• Get excellent working conditions in a beautiful working environment
• And not at least enjoy the sporty life of SAP
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: Careers@sap.com ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Additional Locations :