Diageo Returnable Asset Lead in Budapest, Hungary
Type of Job:
External Job Description:
Diageo is a global leader in beverage alcohol with an outstanding collection of brands, such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness. Our ambition is to be one of the best performing, most trusted and respected consumer products company globally. We are looking for planning talent to ensure that around 6.5 billion litres of these fantastic brands reach our customers, every year.
We are offering exciting opportunities to become part of a team with a global reach. This team will play a key role in driving our performance by continuously driving supply chain excellence. Their passion will be key in embedding standardization and implementation of initiatives to achieve a best in class planning function across Diageo.
A career in this team will be about working with real-time information provided through fully integrated technology and best practices. But it is not just about our systems and processes. The team will be working very closely and building relationships with our markets around the world. If you join us, you will be a true partner to them and your colleagues throughout our supply chain – focusing on meeting the daily needs of the business as well as helping to build the demand planning strategy for our brands and markets.
Returnable Asset Lead
Returnable assets (bottles, crates, kegs etc) are critically important to the main Africa markets (Nigeria, Cameroon, Ghana, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Ethiopia and Seychelles). All beer sold in these markets is in returnable bottle or keg format. These are capital assets that are depreciated and form a significant part of each countries annual capital expenditure plans.
Working with the planning counterparts in the markets and the COE the Returnable Asset Lead role is to ensure the effective management, replenishment and accounting of returnable assets (bottles, crates, kegs and other returnable assets) across the Africa region.
The role is responsible for supporting the Africa operations in developing their capital plans and effectively managing their returnable assets, developing strategies to improve loss rates, return rates, turnaround times and sharing best practice across the region. It is also responsible for providing inputs into New Products Developments, products renovation, and planned consumer promotions which are related to returnable asset management.
Ensure effective strategic and tactical management of empty glass bottles, crates and other returnable assets
• Create, review and advise on annual capital plans per country and collate a regional view of capital requirements.
• Prepare justification on quantification for annual empties requirements.
• Refresh quarterly returnable asset spend vs target.
• Track countries returnable turnaround times and share results across countries and regions.
• Initiate market audits of returnable packaging.
• Create reports to aid effective decision making within the manufacturing environment.
How to Serve
Skills and Capabilities
• Baseline understanding of the end-to-end Supply Chain Planning processes; Supply Planning, Distribution Requirements Planning, Inventory Planning, Conversion, Logistics, Procurement and Customer Service.
• Strong analytical, organizational and decision making skills
• Strong project management skills.
• 3 to 5 years’ experience working within the Demand and/or Supply Chain Planning process; Consumer Packaged Goods Industry preferred
• Materials Planning or Production Planning experience desirable
• Baseline SAP APO or other planning software skills
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in appropriate supply chain, mathematical, finance, or business degree.
• APICS CPIM / CSCP or equivalent desirable.
External Job Title:
Returnable Asset Lead