SAP Senior Cloud Application Operations Engineer - Big Data Job in Budapest, Hungary
Requisition ID: 166128
Work Area: Software-Development Operations
Expected Travel: 0 - 20%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Career Level: T3
Recruiter Name: Karolina Dzierzawska
As you know, SAP’s vision is to help the world run better and improve people’s lives.
As THE cloud company powered by SAP HANA®, SAP is a market leader in enterprise application software, helping companies of all sizes and industries Run Simple.
We empower people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. SAP applications and services enable our customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
At SAP, we believe in the power of collaboration and empower our employees to perform at their best in an environment that encourages free and open expression of ideas. Here, you work alongside creative thinkers who share your intets, while turning big ideas into reality for our customers. With innovative job training, mentors to help you grow, and the flexibility to balance your work and personal life, you’re able to build your career. It’s no wonder that some of the sharpest minds from around the world are working for a company that is consistently recognized as a global top employer.
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries run better. From back office to boardroom, warehouse to storefront, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Want to work in Hybrid Cloud? Want to work in the biggest big data deployment within SAP? Do you like breaking down problems and finding solutions? Do you like engaging with as much technology (hardware, software, operating systems, containers, network, code) as you can?
This is your chance to work in the big data space with trillions of records. SAP is seeking Senior Application Operations Engineer to join our HCM Central Operations organization.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
• Work in an agile environment to manage and operationalize multi datacenter (MDC) Hortonworks Hadoop deployment with main components HDFS, MapReduce2, YARN, Tez, Hive, NiFi, Kafka, Zookeeper.
• Optimize and tune the MDC Hadoop deployments to meet the performance requirements.
• Troubleshoot complex operational issues in MDC Hadoop deployments.
• Collaborate with release and application developer teams to ensure requirements and enhancement goals are met for Operations.
• Participate in architecture design and review to drive continuous service improvements.
• Participate in Capacity Planning and ensure scalability of the Cloud environments.
• Drive performance issues out of Operations, in collaboration with various internal organizations.
• Identify and correct issues that have resulted from integrations, customizations, and migrations.
• Work with and enhance tools, operational processes and knowledge centers to ensure smooth and consistent operations.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• 3 years of equivalent professional experience in Java/J2EE or Python based. application developing, troubleshooting, and supporting enterprise application.
• 1 years hands-on experience in managing, monitoring, troubleshooting and scaling Big Data environment, eg. Hortonworks HDP/HDF Hadoop distributions or any other Hadoop Platforms.
• Advantage: experience working with Kerberos in Hadoop clusters.
• Advantage: exposure to Operation Intelligence and experience with tools like Splunk and ElasticSearch.
• Advantage: experience with public cloud, as such as AWS and Microsoft Azure
• Strong interpersonal, communication and writing skills.
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, while effectively managing priorities and communicating progress.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: Careers@sap.com ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Additional Locations :