Diageo Senior Supply Financial Accountant in Budapest, Hungary
Type of Job:
External Job Description:
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company with an outstanding collection of brands, such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness.
Our purpose - Celebrating life, every day, everywhere - has an important role in our company, for our people, our brands, in how we perform and how we create shared value.
Diageo Business Services have been operating in the heart of Budapest for 15 years and provide added value for the company on a global level in the area of Finance, HR, Commercial Support, IT, Treasury and Business Intelligence.
Senior Financial Accountant - Supply
The Senior Supply Financial Accountant is part of the International Supply Centre Finance Team. The role covers supply businesses for example Scotland Supply, Beer Supply, Baileys Supply. The role holder liaises with internal and external stakeholders providing supportive and challenging business partnering and excellent relationship with the Commercial Finance Teams.
• Responsible for daily operational accounting and financial activities
• Solves arising issues, liaises with stakeholders and with other financial colleagues to solve specific issues
• Participate to the month-end close, reporting
• Working closely with other in-house and local financial teams (Commercial Finance, Costing, Compliance, Cash Cycle, Treasury, Tax, etc…)
• Key contributor to the yearly Annual Operational Planning and monthly O&R processes as well as the regular BPM discussions
• Driving issue resolution, pro-actively seek out better ways of doing things and drive implementation of “simpler, faster, better” processes and ways of working
• Proactively suggests improvements/additional control points to build in and takes an active part in process improvement projects, in implementation and in the follow up
How to Serve:
• University or College degree in Economics or Finance and Accounting
• 2-3 years experience in Accounting, technical accounting skills
• Fluent Business English
• Capable of working in a deadline driven environment
• Experience of working in a multinational financial environment
• Customer focused attitude being able to build excellent relationship with external and internal stakeholders
• Experience in working with SAP or integrated software system is an advantage
• International (part) qualification (IAS/UK/US GAAP) is an advantage
Cherry on Top:
• Opportunity to climb up on the career ladder
• We won the Fittest Workplace Award, of course we have a Gym
• Urban legend is true, we do have a Rooftop Bar
• Easy to reach downtown location
• Our unique brands are available in our staff shop
• We live our values and color our lives
External Job Title:
Senior Financial Accountant -Supply