Citi Senior Threat Engineer in Budapest, Hungary
Primary Location: Hungary,Budapest,Budapest
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Technology
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job ID: 18012314
We at Citi are very passionate about emerging technologies and their security, and we are looking for professionals who can join our teams and us on our exciting journey by defining next generation security strategies, technologies for a global scale with world class solutions, with a huge emphasis on next generation threats. We would welcome you in our global team to work on addressing all the emerging threat and technological challenges in the cyber security space, specifically focusing on threat and malware research. In this endeavour you will have the possibility (and responsibility) of working with emerging threat, research their behavior, understanding exploit technologies, dissecting malware, testing security solution effectiveness by running advanced malware through the entire stack and monitoring effectiveness.
You'll also be exposed to cryptography and some programming challenges, and most importantly, you'll have to think outside the box.
In this role you would also have the possibility to influence global renowned vendors, their strategies and roadmaps, and the general direction of the entire security defense landscape. You would also have the possibility to trial / try out latest technologies, security solutions, proof of concept designs with real hands-on experience! We also have many other technologies so you'd definitely have the opportunity to interact on the R&D and day-to-day work with other security and technology engineering teams.
Citi is looking for bright minds to challenge and build the best security solutions. This role is cut out for an individual who brings passion for cyber threats research together with enthusiasm and strong infrastructure knowledge.
The individual will be responsible for advanced threat and malware research and testing the effectiveness of end-to-end network security defense stacks.
This position sits within the Infrastructure Defense Engineering team, who is responsible to design / develop / test and architect Citi’s global network security solutions across the globe. Specifically, the job involves dealing with all aspects of threat research and defense, defining key components, testing of critical infrastructure and documentation.
In this role the individual will work in one of the largest enterprises in the world dealing with a variety of the most complex security challenges. As part of the global team, the candidate will evaluate and design innovative solutions and architecture with a special focus on improving the effectiveness of threat detection and prevention across the entire portfolio.
• Establish a unique threat lab for research, training and technology evaluation to be leveraged by the entire security engineering group
• Research emerging attack vectors, using threat intelligence and live malware, proving them out and driving the overall strategy across multiple disciplines to ensure an effective, co-hesive approach to threats
• Challenge the overall solution’s mitigation effectiveness by running advanced malware, exploiting new vulnerabilities, and measuring resilience over time
• Define and develop methods for effectiveness measurement of threat detection and prevention technologies across the entire production technology stack
• Certify the selected products for deployment in Citi in accordance with the security policies, standards and best practices
• Establish and maintain relationship with key industry partners and vendors in the next generation security field as well as well as R&D / Citi Ventures activity with startups and smaller innovative businesses
• Leading and influencing a virtual global team without direct authority
• Hands-on lab testing of various network security technologies
• Research and study key improvements in malware / exploit technologies and their mitigation technologies
• Participate in malware disassembly and research on multiple platforms
• Provide technological leadership for various security initiatives within the team
• Complete all tasks in connection with the organization’s activity but not detailed in the current job description, charged by the direct manager, supervisor, or the functional head.
• Drive and develop partnership and collaboration with key security vendors in the threat space
Be part of a global team of very experienced engineers. Design develop of next generation secure networks with global responsibility, getting to know new and best of breed security technologies.
Knowledge and Experience
The following skills are required:
• Deep understanding of TCP/IP technologies
• Experience with multiple security disciplines and to understand layered defense concepts.
• Strong hands-on experience with malware / exploit mitigation technologies
• Strong understanding of malware lifecycle and building blocks
• Hands-on experience with Firewalls, IPS, ADS technologies
• A good working knowledge of X86 systems architectures
• Large Scale Network and Security design experience is essential
• Detailed, working knowledge of the offensive principles of network security, including how remote attacks are conducted, how malware propagates via the network, and what means are used in Command and Control (CnC) channels to compromised hosts
• Hands-on experience with malware analysis and exploits delivery tools (SysInternals, Volatility, debuggers, sniffers, anti-rootkits, Metasploit, etc.)
• Strong security design and network infrastructure experience with large, complex networks. Hands-on experience with hacker or pen-testing tools preferred
• Strong understanding of IT fundamentals such as networks, operating systems (windows internals) and communication protocols
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• The candidate must have very strong technical writing skills and be able to communicate ideas and technical designs clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Bachelors Degree or Equivalent Working Knowledge of industry technologies
• The candidate should have excellent communication and influencing skills
• The candidate must be comfortable in working across geographies due to the global nature of the team.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products including Visio, Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint.